Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Beverley Hills to LA Dodgers Stadium. How? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/beverley-hills-to-la-dodgers-stadium-how-894840/)

Angie_Lee_2011 Jun 14th, 2011 01:42 AM

Beverley Hills to LA Dodgers Stadium. How?

Hi all,

I am heading to a game at Dodgers Stadium on a Friday night and currently have accommodation booked in Beverley Hills. We don't have a car to travel around and we are considering taking a taxi to and from the game to avoid getting lost or being out late at night on our own. Any suggestions on getting there easily?

Cheers!

clarkgriswold Jun 14th, 2011 06:54 AM

There are express bus lines that run along Wilshire blvd and Santa Monica Blvd to downtown Union Station. From there you hop the "Dodger Shuttle" which is a sardine-packed bus but only takes 10 or 15 minutes.

I'd take a cab back to Beverly Hills after the game and it will probably be $50-$60. Ask for a fare estimate before you get into the cab...in fact wherever you go in a cab from your hotel, ask the concierge first what the approximate fare should be so that the cab driver does not take you for a ride (so to speak).

Bruce37 Jun 22nd, 2011 11:46 AM

Public trans will take you hours to get there and a taxi isn't worth it. For like 30 bucks you can rent a car for a day. I know some places will even drop the car off for you for a small fee which is like saving more money instead of getting a taxi to get the car itself.

Jean Jun 25th, 2011 01:22 PM

For a night game, public trans would take you 60-90 minutes (per www.metro.net) and involves only one bus if you can catch Line 4 on Santa Monica Boulevard in Beverly Hills. You'd have to walk about 1/3 mile (uphill) to the stadium from the stop on Sunset Boulevard, and the fare is $1.50 per person. After the game, you can take the same Line 4 back to BH in only 30-60 minutes at that hour, but I would take a cab back which should be very quick.

Parking at Dodger Stadium is $15, so add that to the cost of a day's car rental (plus any parking charges at your hotel). The drive from BH to Dodger Stadium can take 45-60 minutes (10-12 miles) for a night game no matter the route, and all that traffic-sitting ups the taxi fare. But if you had wanted to see Sunset Boulevard from Beverly Hills through Hollywood, you could have a nice slow look going this way.

You're squeezed no matter how you do this, but I wouldn't hesitate to take the bus at the front end and a taxi on the return.

clarkgriswold Jun 25th, 2011 08:49 PM

If you're planning to visit Hollywood/Walk of Fame etc during your stay, you might do it on the same day since it's halfway to Dodger Stadium. Then you could ride the #2 bus east on Sunset Boulevard for 22 min to the stadium, or hop the subway from Hollywood to Union Station and then take the dodger shuttle.