Notices

Between Fargo and Pierre?

May 25th, 2002, 06:45 PM
Paula

Between Fargo and Pierre?

Can anyone please recommend a campsite or inexpensive motel between Fargo, North Dakota and Pierre, South Dakota? Also, looking for information for the best driving route, vegetarian restaurants, and hiking areas along the way. Many thanks.

May 26th, 2002, 08:40 AM
dakotah

Paula - It's approximately 8 hrs drive from Fargo to Pierre. Take I-94 West from Fargo for about 3 1/2 Hrs; turn South at the Sterling exit. Drive South until you get to Pierre - that's basically it! Once you turn off I-94, you'll be mostly on 2-lane highway. The whole drive will be thru farmland, with little towns along the way. A word of warning - I doubt there's a vegetarian restaurant ANYWHERE in the Dakotas; if you mention it, you'll probably get chuckled at. I'd suggest packing a lunch in case you can't find what you're looking for, but a lot of local community restaurants will probably have homemade baked goods, soups,salads,pasta dishes from old family recipes (from Germany), and probably will be more than happy to make something for you if you ask. As for camping, almost every small town has a city park to stay in, although it may be primitive toiletries. Jamestown (east of Fargo) has KOA, as well as local campsites, motels & restaurants. Since these are rural states, things are pretty basic in this particular area. On the up side, it's VERY safe, and people are friendly & willing to help with questions.

May 27th, 2002, 09:20 AM
are

You serious?

All hotels in the Dakota's are cheap. If this is a serious post, I'd say enjoy the underrated part of the country. Better than standing in a long line at Disney.

Search this Thread