Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Bette Midler Colosseum at Caesars Palace, seat help. (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/bette-midler-colosseum-at-caesars-palace-seat-help-786817/)

aussiedreamer May 28th, 2009 01:48 AM

Bette Midler Colosseum at Caesars Palace, seat help.

Wanting to book tickets for our anniversary Nov 3rd this year. Not sure wether to 'splash' out and get best available, ($86.66 - $227.27) or wether any seat will be a good seat and the price of best available a bit wasted.
Don't mind paying if its worth it. Has anyone been and can give me an idea?

Thanks as always.

schmerl May 28th, 2009 03:29 AM

We sat in the center in the second section of the orchestra. The place is HUGE and all views of the stage are good. We brought small binoculars, but hardly used them. She moves all around the stage, but we liked being in the center. How close you want to be to the stage is up to you. I wouldn't want to be too close though because then you miss the entire look of the staging. Definitely try for the center though.

tom42 May 28th, 2009 05:05 AM

I just was at the Colosseum on Sunday to see Cher and had excellent seats (center orchestra - row KK, which was 11 rows from the stage). The place seats about 4 thousand, I believe, but it was built in such a way that just about any seat is good. I agree with schmerl though, center is better.

aussiedreamer May 28th, 2009 01:46 PM

awsome, thanks. I was thinking that centre on the first mezanine would be good. I bet Cher was wonderful tom42.
Did you enjoy Bette, schmerl?

motherof3 May 28th, 2009 11:49 PM

When ready to purchase google "Bette Midler Coupon Codes" for good deals. 2 codes currently available on smartvegas.com are "UPGRADE ME" which gives you better seats for the lower price and "100BETTE" for $100 orchestra tickets in June.(what I just purchased)

motherof3 May 29th, 2009 12:33 AM

correction - website with list of show and hotel discount codes is smartervegas.com

schmerl May 29th, 2009 03:44 AM

aussiedreamer,
YES! We ejoyed Bete a great deal. Her show is wonderful!It went by so fast.

djkbooks May 29th, 2009 07:28 AM

I bought discounted orchestra seats and highly recommend the closer seats. She is tiny and the stage is enormous! There are no close-up screens for this show, so if you're sitting farther back, definitely bring concert binoculars.

aussiedreamer May 29th, 2009 03:22 PM

Thanks all........... looking to book this weekend, (for Nov) thanks to the Aussie dollar being on the rise.....finnaly :-)

aussiedreamer May 29th, 2009 03:31 PM

I just had a quick look. Nothing for November yet, should I wait????? We really do want to go on a specific night.

aussiedreamer May 29th, 2009 11:31 PM

done it. Opted for 1st mezanine, with taxes and the exchange rate rear orchestra was nearly $600AUD, so the ones we got were $400ish AUD.

Thanks for your input.