Reload this Page >

Best Western New Hampshire Suites Hotel/Washington, D.C. Reviews or Comments

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 2000, 07:25 AM
MJ

Would anyone be willing to share their opinion of the Best Western New Hampshire Suites Hotel? I would be very grateful to hear about any reasonably priced restaurants in the area of this hotel. Thank you.

Old Feb 16th, 2000, 08:19 AM
Ellen

I stayed there very recently and it was fine. The room is clean and well appointed etc. It is advertised as being only 2 blocks from Dupont metro but those are two LONG blocks. If you are able bodied, it is no big deal really.

The continental breakfast in the morning is just coffee and toast or bagel. Nothing fancy but included in the price.

I stayed there in Jan. when they were short staffed with housekeeping. One day, the rooms were not made due to a staff shortage the day of the blizzard. Another day, my room was completely overlooked due to a communication error and was not cleaned at all. I was really upset about that and complained. They did the right thing by not charging me for that night. It was an unfortunate error on their part that left me with a "bad" taste but all they could do was compensate me economically and helped a little.

I did not eat in the area so can't comment on restaurants. Dupont circle area seems to have lots of options though.

Ellen

Old Feb 16th, 2000, 11:04 AM
lisa

If you do a search using the words "New Hampshire Suites" you will find several old threads on this. Reviews were good and the rates were low. I can vouch only for the location, which is very good. A nice neighborhood, and a short walk up New Hampshire to Dupont Circle (where the red line metro stops) and in the opposite direction a slightly longer but still reasonable walk to Foggy Bottom metro stop (blue and orange lines).

There are lots of good restaurants in the area near the hotel. One of the closest is Grillfish which is very reasonably-priced seafood. The best pizzeria in town is Pizzeria Paradiso on the north side of P Street west of 20th -- reasonable prices and GREAT pizza. There is another very good moderately-priced restaurant -- Sala Thai -- on the south side of P Street across the street from the pizzeria. Also good on that same block is Johnny's Half Shell for seafood, but it's pricier.

You'll find lots more recommendations if you search old threads. Good luck and have a great itme in our city!

Old Feb 17th, 2000, 07:25 AM
MJ

Thank you both for your input. I am looking forward to our visit to D.C.. It will be the first visit to D.C. for my daughter and father. My dad is a Korean War vet who was injured while in Korea, so our visit to the Korean War Memorial will have an extra special meaning for us. My daughter is very excited about visiting the Air & Space Musuem. Thanks again, MJ

Old Feb 17th, 2000, 07:46 AM
ilisa

MJ, let me know if you have any questions about the Air and Space Museum. I am a docent there.