Best Western Inn of Chicago

Old Oct 16th, 2001, 11:12 AM
chris

Best Western Inn of Chicago

Hi,

For anyone who has stayed recently at this hotel, how did you like it?

Thanks,
Chris

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 09:46 AM
smc

The location is fabulous, you can't beat it!! Some of the rooms are extremely small, though, and the elevators tend to be really slow. Our group especially loved the coffee at the restaurant. We had breakfast there every day of our stay. We were with a group of 12, and the room size was the only complaint I heard.

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 09:48 AM
Beth

I am fairly certain there is more than one in Chicago (I can think of at least 3 off the top of my head) Please give the address of the Best Western (or at least the area) so that we can give you better info.

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 09:56 AM
x

Beth, there is only 1 BW "Inn of Chicago". It's on either Ohio or Ontario. Agree with everything smc said. For the money, it's a good choice.

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 10:01 AM
Beth

Okay, I do know that Best Western, just off magmile and in a GREAT location. Have only seen the outside and it looks okay, not luxury but still nice. If you get agood price, go for it, location is everything.

For the record, right down the street from me (Lakeview area) is the Best Western Inn Hawthorne Suites (on fodor's rave baord too). There are other Best Western Inns in Chicago as well. I didn't realizer "inn of Chicago" was the name of the hotel, I just knew ther ewas a Best Western off Michigan.

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 10:32 AM
Linda

Stayed there over Memorial Day weekend. Basic hotel room, cable TV, in-room coffee, iron & board, but no hair dryer (available from front desk)-- could have changed. Wonderful location -- just a very short block from Michigan Ave. shopping area, buses, a couple of blocks from the river and Navy Pier is walkable or you can catch a bus 2 blocks away (or a free trolley if they're running. I didn't eat in the hotel restaurant but there was a good coffee shop across the street. Got a very good rate from HotRooms.com (Chicago's their specialty) I would stay there again.
It's a great city! Enjoy!

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 11:14 AM
chris

Thanks for the replies. Yes, the actual name of the hotel is: Best Western Inn of Chicago. It is on Ohio Street, just off N. Michigan Avenue. I got a good rate from hotrooms. Also, does anyone know if it is possible to get a discounted rate for the Swissotel? I tried hotrooms and there aren't any rooms available.

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 11:19 AM
Beth

TRy hoteldiscount.com, they have a lot of cheap prices including Swisshotel.

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 01:11 PM
julie

My best friend and I have stayed at this hotel for the past three years when we take our annual pilgrimage to Chicago. We don't spend very much time in the room at all so luxury isn't a necessity for us. The location can't be beat, however, their prices have risen significantly the past year. I haven't priced anything for this summer yet but since they went up $40/night last year we are going to look around.

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 02:11 PM
patg

Drove past the hotel today, in fact. Great location - a half-block east of Michigan Avenue on Ohio Street. I would guess that there is no garage or pool - call them and check, if these things matter. If you stay there, try Boston Blackie's bar a block north on St. Clair for a great burger. You'll want to know that the hotel is under scaffolding and they are sandblasting the stone on the lobby exterior. Not sure what other facade improvements are being made because the scaffolding covers much of the front two stories. Don't plan on sleeping late, or, at least, ask for a room high up and in the back - these would have the best views, anyway.