Best Western Inn by the Sea La Jolla

Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:41 PM
Original Poster

Best Western Inn by the Sea La Jolla

We are thinking of staying here for a few days in April and would appreciate any comments from those who have lodged there - it appears to be reasonably priced and in the heart of La Jolla.
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 08:07 AM

I'm also interested in this property.
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 11:18 AM

This is a typical California Best Western, of which there are many up and down the coast. We have always found them to be basic, but very clean. Its probably 4 or 5 stories high and 150 rooms, on the freeway about a mile from the ocean. Some rooms have an ocean view and the upper floors have little balconies. ('by the Sea' is a bit of a misnomer). The pool is outdoors and in late April should be pleasant. I think the restaurant is an IHOP that's attached. The Hilton and the Hyatt Regency nearby are better choices with sometimes-decent rates on their websites. Also you might want to check out www.hotellajolla.com which is very nice, and has a great restaurant.
Old Mar 8th, 2003, 11:37 PM

joesorce, I think you've got the wrong Best Western. This one is on Fay Ave, right in the center of La Jolla.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 08:32 AM
ltt

the one on fay ave is NOT on a freeway. it is a great location for la jolla and is one of the most reasonably priced hotels. my mom stayed there and said it was fine. a clean, basic best western. you will have about a 5 minute walk down to the ocean and 1 block off of one of the main streets in la jolla.
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 08:40 AM

THis is a great hotel. We stayed here for two nights in July 2001 and it was very reasonably priced and convenient to everything. Request an upper floor and you will have a view of the ocean....a great place for your morning coffee.

They also had an internet kiosk in their lobby.