Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Best Western in Bennington VT--anyone stayed there?

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 01:11 PM
m

I'm just wondering what your experience was like if you've stayed at the Best Western in Bennington, VT.

We're planning on a spending a weekend there in Aug, with a jacuzzi.

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 01:24 PM
steve

The staff is really friendly. I had a great time there.
Steve

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 08:29 AM
BetsySignatura

I'd be interested to know too. TTT. Anybody?

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 08:35 AM
xx

Havent stayed there but have family in Bennington so I'm go by there quite often. The hotel is nice in appearance from the outside. It's located on a pretty busy street-there is a large supermarket and Walmart practically next door. There is a restaurant on premesis, I believe it's chinese. You've got Pizza Hut across the street and your typical fast food establishments very nearby. The good restaurants are in town. Be sure to go to hte Blue Benn Diner for breakfast but be prepared to wait! The hotel is a little ways outside downtown so you'll definatly need a car to explore (I'm assuming you'll have one!). I'll probably be staying there (or at least visiting people in rooms) Columbus Day weekend as we've booked a bunch of rooms for my sister's wedding. I know it's after you'll be there, but I'll try to remember to post a report for others who may inquire in the future.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 09:41 AM
m

thanks for all the replies. Yes, we're renting a car to drive up there. We just didn't feel like going the B&B route this time. The rooms look cheerful on the internet, and both times I called the desk people were friendly. We're looking forward to being out in the country, maybe buying some pottery

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 03:56 PM
xx

Keep in mind this hotel is not "out in the country". It's located on a busy business strip on the outskirts of Bennington. But if you're coming from a large city, it'll feel like country! Have a great time. You'll love the Potter's yard.
PS. If you want a more country setting, there are lots of Mom & Pop motels along 7A in Shaftsbury and Arlington. If you're interested in names/#s, let me know!