Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > best website to search for domestic airfare rates & flexible dates?
Notices

best website to search for domestic airfare rates & flexible dates?

Oct 10th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Original Poster

best website to search for domestic airfare rates & flexible dates?

Can anyone recommend me to a good website that allows me to look for the best possible airfare rates for domestic travel when my travel dates are quite flexible allowing me to possibly save money due to this? Id like to find some sort of website that displays the full calendar month in question and shows the varying rates posted on each calendar date, so that I can easily pick the best date to fly on based on lowest price, etc

. Specifically, Im looking for RT airfare between LAX and HON In January. Id like to stay a week...but im flexible on length of stay as well as actual travel dates as well.
Oct 10th, 2012, 11:03 PM

The problem with that is you'll only find the fares that are available CURRENTLY, and they could go down tomorrow or go way down on Tuesday of next week, you never know when "sale fares" will surface and you often have about 24 hours to jump on them.

Best rate for travel in January will probably be after Jan 8th or 9th, and best sale prices will probably pop up about 45 days before travel, so late November would be a good time to start shopping for a fare.

www.itasoftware.com has a good search engine and you can search monthlong rates etc....but you can't actually book on the site, you'll have to find the best fare and then go directly to the individual airline's site to book it.

Search this Thread