Best way to get from SF airport to Marriott?

Old Oct 14th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best way to get from SF airport to Marriott?

Hi, I am flying into SF and will be arriving about 7pm on saturday. Can i take BART or MUNI or some other public transportaion from the airport to my hotel? Or am I better doing one of the shuttle services? I am traveling light, and alone. thanks, karen
Old Oct 14th, 2004, 08:02 PM

You can take BART from SFO to downtown SF. I'm not sure which Marriott you're talking about (there are several) but if you look on a map, the Bart stations in downtown SF run down Market Street - you could always grab a cab from a Bart station to your hotel or just take a cab direct from SFO - not sure but maybe about $30 for cab fare? Quite a few hotels have shuttle services as well - just depends on your price point. For highest ease/convenience - I'd just take a cab.
Old Oct 15th, 2004, 12:29 AM

Last year I stayed at the Marriott downtown and I went to the airport via a shuttle service set up by the hotel.
You may want to call the Marriott that your staying at and ask them about arrangements for such a shuttle service.
Old Oct 15th, 2004, 06:52 AM

If you are staying at the Marriott on 55 Fourth Street then BART is very convenient as it is three blocks to the Powell St. station. The BART system is fast and convenient - half hr. trip from the airport without having to wait for a shuttle - and costs a little less than $5. If your hotel is a distance away from a BART station you may be better off with a shuttle. To check the BART schedule http://www.bart.gov/index.asp
Old Oct 15th, 2004, 07:45 AM
Dan

There are several Marriotts in the Bay Area. Do you mean the SF Marriott on Market?
Old Oct 17th, 2004, 07:39 AM
yk

If you are talking about the Marriott in Union Sq, you can definitely take the BART. I stayed there just 2 months ago and did exactly that (assuming you are flying into SFO airport, not Oakland or San Jose).

At SFO, you'll have to take the AirTrain from your terminal to the BART station. Then take the BART to Powell St Station (no change of train required). The Marriott is about 2 blocks from the station. The fare one-way is $4.95. The BART runs 3x/hr and the trip takes 30mins. It took me total 1hr 15mins (from the time the plane landed to the time I arrived to the hotel).