Best time of year to visit Seattle area?

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 08:09 PM
Lyn

Best time of year to visit Seattle area?

I would like to plan a family vacation to the Seattle area in 2002. Was wondering what would be the best time of year to travel. Options are last week of March, last week of July, or first week in October. Can anybody advise? Thanks!

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 08:31 PM
Bill

I live in Seattle and would advise the last week of July if you want to do sighteeing and any outdoor activity. March and October could have you cool and wet if not worse. Summers are usually pretty dry and mild. This year is the exception but plan a July visit if you don't want rain.

Billybob from Bothell

Bill

Old Aug 5th, 2001, 10:05 PM
ldsant

I live here as well. July is usually dry, but last week was an average of 60 degrees - no sunshine. That being said, it is usually drier than the other months, but it's never really cold or really hot here no matter when you visit. Also, as long as you bring gore-tex you should be fine. If $$ is a consideration, there are incredible deals to be had in hotels late October -mid- April (this last year it was 50%).

Old Aug 6th, 2001, 05:04 AM
Lyn

Thank you both for your replies. I guess we'll look at July.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 05:27 AM
geth

I took a vacation to Seattle last summer, very end of July/early August and it was beautiful! I live in Nebraska so it was SUCH a treat being in Seattle with the gorgeous weather in the 70's after suffering through 95 degrees all July in Nebraska. It didn't rain a single day, and we could see Mt Rainier every day from Seattle. I loved it.

I really do recommend the end of July from my experience.

Old Aug 7th, 2001, 07:03 AM
Roger

Visited western Washington/Oregon in late july and the weather was gorgeous. Dry, sunny, warm without being too hot. I recommend July greatly.