Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Best shows in Vegas? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/best-shows-in-vegas-946134/)

JerseyGirlinAZ Aug 9th, 2012 03:09 PM

Best shows in Vegas?

Hi all,

Wanted to see what you think are the best shows in Vegas. I am looking to get tickets to a show for my boyfriend's 41st birthday. We have seen Zumanity, X Burlesque and he has seen Ka.

I was originally going to take him to Peep Show and spring for the VIP seats, though I have read online that the VIP views are not so great.

Any other thoughts? He likes the Beatles, so I thought about Love. We are pretty open and rsique shows don't bother me. Am looking to stay near Paris since I plan to take him to Gordon Ramsey Steak for dinner.

Also, how are the reduced price sites for tickets?

Thanks!!!!

Tomsd Aug 9th, 2012 05:15 PM

Frick. Lost a post trying to organize everything in one - which some posters really think it the only way to do biz here.

Anywhooooo - my/our favorite is Phanthom of the Opera - (they spent a ton on the set - way more than when it was in NY) and then for a Cirque type show over water - La Reve at Wynn - or O at Bellagio - are both great.

Actually - any Cirque show is very good.

And - any big name entertainer who happens to be headlining in Vegas when you are ther.

Also - check out the free groups at various resorts - as sometimes - the Lounge groups are very good. :)

And there are also bargain magic shows - which I love. Used to go to all the Comedy shows too - but now - they are more expensive than they used to be.

Check out the Tix4less type booths/places along the strip to get some bargains.

tekwriter Aug 9th, 2012 10:01 PM

Love is phenomenal. I cried, and I heard of others feeling the same way! If you've seen other Cirque shows, then you know the general format and if you like Beatles music, so much the better. We got half price tickets the day of the show from the box office at the Mirage, so easy.

We were in Vegas in March and saw Abisinthe, at Caesar's. Kind of Cirque "light." Entertaining, good enough, but cheaper!

diann24 Aug 10th, 2012 05:08 AM

I have seen Le Reve at the Wynn. It is good, I also saw Mystere which is at Treasure Island which is one of the first. It is much less $$. For just laughs you can see a legends in show concert inexpensive and just fun. I also would recommend the old time las vegas show at Ballys. It is great, and it is the very last of the old time las Vegas shows. I thought it was wonderful. some might not. My very favorite I have ever seen is LOVE by the beatles at mirage. it is totally awesome and my favorite above all. Not to be missed.

jetset1 Aug 10th, 2012 06:50 AM

If he is a Beatles fan, and even if he wasn't, I would recommend LOVE. It is magical, and the feeling you get, and another surprising interactive part, is worth the experience. You have many elements in play.
My husband enjoyed it and would go again. He wasn't into musicals, but couldn't say enough positive things about the show. The costumes, aerials and all else are superb.

The theater is very nice, no bad seats, and the further up you are, the better to enjoy it.

His boss and wife went two nights in a row, and they went back the next year, with their older kids. She is kind of cranky and serious, but he scored big. Coincidentally, my husband had a nice raise that year too. She still smiles when she talks about it. Please take him. :)

JerseyGirlinAZ Aug 10th, 2012 08:20 PM

Sounds like LOVE it is.

Do you guys have any recommendations as far as seating lcoation goes?

JerseyGirlinAZ Aug 10th, 2012 08:21 PM

Posted before I saw your comment about "no bad seats," jetset. Cool! Thanks again, folks!

hpeabody Aug 11th, 2012 06:32 AM

I loved "LOVE" and I do recommend the golden circle seating, I believe Row K. That is where I sat, but the configuration of the theater is wonderful for viewing. Enjoy! :)