best places to wed for Jacksonville

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16th, 2000, 08:55 AM
K

Hi Everyone,
I know you all are wondering why I'm not going to a wedding board for this, but I have and they just are not answering. I saw the good response the other post got about this so I'm hoping you can help. Where are the best outdoor garden type settings to wed in Jacksonville, FL? Overlooking water would be nice, but not necessary. Under 50 people. Looking for a place for ceremony and reception.
Thanks so much for your time!

Old Oct 16th, 2000, 09:21 AM
Emily

Are you looking for something formal or informal?
A great spot that is out in the open and has a view of the St Johns River is Ft Caroline. It's a state park, and you have to walk about 1/2 mile to get to the fort. Just outsite the fort is a grassy lawn that is ringed by large oak trees. Very pretty. 50 people might be too many people for this site. Plus, you'd have to get a really good caterer. I'd also call the Ponte Vedra club and see what they have to offer. Ponte Vedra has views of both the ocean and a lush golf course. They also have a restaurant and lodging, so it'd be convenient.

Old Oct 16th, 2000, 11:22 AM
K

Hi Emily,
Thanks for the info. Do you know if the Cummer Gardens have ceremonies. It is so beautiful and just what I'm looking for. I've send them e-mail and voice mail and yet to get a response. I'll look into your ideas, Thanks!

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 07:51 AM
E.Zahn

A beautiful place for a wedding, if you have not already found one is the Inn at Winterborne. It is in Orange Park Florida 10 min. from Jax. The Innis an old beautiful home on the St. Johns River with a large front porch, hardwood floors and a huge front yard. You can have the wedding in doors or out. They do all the catering and the food is excellent. They do not have a liquor license so you save money by buying your own. They do a lot of weddings so you need to contact them early to get a date.
ez

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 12:57 PM
xxx

What's the matter Kelly figure out you can't afford WDW and Cinderella's coach? Why don't you hire a wedding coordinator? OR, better yet don't get married since you are more interested in a wedding than the vows...Grow up!

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 02:19 PM
D

Try the Women's club on Riverside Drive in the Riverside area of Jacksonville.

Also, if you've got the bucks, try Epping Forest on Hendricks or San Jose near San Marco. Georgeous place and a great view of the St. John's River, too.

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 04:21 PM
George

Club Continental in Orange Park is the best, you will love it