Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Best place to stay in Springfield Massachusetts or nearby?

Best place to stay in Springfield Massachusetts or nearby?

May 13th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Original Poster

Best place to stay in Springfield Massachusetts or nearby?

My DH and DS will have been on an all day car trip and need a place to stay in or around Springfield MA or Windsor Locks/Hartford Airport area. I have heard the Springfield Marriott is good. Any other suggestions? I think they will be ready for somewhere nice- four star or better type of accomodations if available. Thanks!
May 24th, 2009, 09:31 PM

Hi rileypenny,

Please be more specific, the distance between the "springfield area" and "hartford area" is about an hour
May 24th, 2009, 09:35 PM

Let me just also add....I would not stay anywhere in springfield, depending on which area you want to be closer to - enfield or west springfield are better choices.
May 25th, 2009, 06:56 AM

Would they consider a really wonderful 4-star or more bed and breakfast? If so, look at Spencer-On-Main in Suffield, Connecticut. Suffield is about a 15-20 minute drive from Windsor Locks, probably about 30 minutes from Hartford Airport.

My 18-year-old daughter and I stayed at the inn two years ago while visiting an old high school friend who lives in Suffield. The inn is a completely redone Victorian with gorgeous rooms ( I had a room that connected to a small den complete with antique books and the latest DVDS), and lovely European style breakfast ( I was served Belgian waffles, fresh fruit and juice). A pool was being built in the back of the house while I was there, so I assume it's in working order now.

I had a fantastic time there, as did (shockingly!) my daughter.

Search this Thread