I have enjoyed reading all the wise and helpful posters (and the unwise!) on this site and now have my own question.
We are heading to California on 29 Dec for two weeks. We are a family of five from Oz with kids aged 9,11, and 13.
Our plan is to spend the first day or two at Disneyland to keep the kids active and then head to San Diego for a few days.
We are then going to fly up to San Francisco and drive back down to LA for our flight home on 13Jan.
So my main question is .... what do you think would be our best option for a memorable New Years Eve in California? Our itinerary can be adjusted if need be, so we don't have to be in Anaheim. As we are going to fly up to San Fran anyway I am happy to change our itinerary for the right location.
We were considering either spending NYE at Disneyland or Legoland, which we assume will both be very crowded.
But does anyone have any alternative suggestions that we should consider?
Our holiday will consist of theme parks, zoos, museums, shopping and sightseeing. I'm not opposed to any ideas if they are memorable - I love it when my kids get to experience new things!
We would love to experience middle America if there is a fair on or some other similar event for NYE close by. My wife and I fell in love with San Luis Obispo on a previous trip so we are keen to get out of the crowded city and see similar sized places.
Thanks for your time!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Family winter holiday
- 2 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 3 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 4 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 5 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 6 Muir Woods - new rules
- 7 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 8 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 9 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 10 Padre Islands
- 11 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 12 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 13 NASHVILLE
- 14 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 15 4 days in San Diego
- 16 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 17 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 18 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 19 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 20 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 21 Galveston
- 22 Where to go in Florida . . . without a car?
- 23 PNW & its grudge against the bumbershoot
- 24 Ski trip in Park City, UT – where to stay
- 25 Train Journey, SFO to SEA