Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Best place to eat close to Sheraton on Kaanapali Beach?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Deblynn

Need a couple of suggestions on good places to eat close to the Sheraton on Kaanapali Beach. Anybody eat at the Hula Grill? Do I need reservations at these places?
Thanks, Deb

Old Mar 7th, 2005, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We enjoyed Hula Grill very much and yes, in August we needed reservations. When we got there they gave us a pager so we could shop in Whaler's Village while waiting for our table. It was very, very busy. They gave the tables nearest the sand to the earlier reservations so definitely worth it to reserve early.
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 08:43 AM

We also like the Hula Grill. Leilani's is also good; for an inexpensive lunch or dinner in the outside patio. Main dining room is also O.K. with prices more in line with the Hula Grill. We ate early and didn't need reservations but it never hurts to have them.
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 03:52 PM

We liked Hula Grill a lot...we made reservations for the regular seating, but for the Barefoot Bar part of it, we just put our names in and waited at the bar (usually about 45 min. each time we went). We were there this August and ate there 3 times!

We also liked Leilani's, which is right next door. There are also other restuarants at the other hotels up the boardwalk from the Sheraton (Marriott, Westin, Hyatt.)
Old Mar 7th, 2005, 04:48 PM

Hula Grill gets my vote for best mai tai on 4 islands!
Old Mar 8th, 2005, 07:28 AM

I give my vote to The Hula Grill for the "best" sweatshirt. I saw a waitress in hers and HAD to have one. It is "oh so cozy". I wear it around in Vancouver, BC and get lots of commnents from all the people who have had meals at The Hula Grill ... everyone seems to have enjoyed it. I also bought a couple of bottles of their mango barbeque sauce ... yummy.

For cheap and tasty mai tai's I enjoyed the Rusty Harpoon (just behind the Hula Grill). Can't comment on the food because I didn't eat there but I had their happy hour priced mai tai's and they were $2.50 each as I recall and pretty darned powerful.