Notices

best place for drinks and a view

Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 03:51 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
best place for drinks and a view

need to know best place for drinks with spectacular view of city at night - what about "A Different Pointe of View" -
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 03:52 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry, the above message is referring to places in phoenix. Thanks
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 08:27 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The view is excellent at A Different Point of View, but I am personally not a big fan of the Pointe Hilton resorts. For a nic
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 08:29 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
continued..sorry. For a nice view try The Thirsty Camel at the Phoenician Resort. Great atmosphere & view to match. At sunset is best.
Old Nov 4th, 2003, 02:35 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'll take your advice and go to the phoenician - thanks for the help
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 11:03 AM
lsb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My vote goes to Different Pointe of View, I think the view is better than the Phoenician. I think the Phoenician is overated. It is too glitzy and contemporary for my taste.
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks! It sounds like the Phoenician may not be the best after all. What about the Hyatt Downtown? Don't they have a revolving restaurant/bar? Have you been there?
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 12:31 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stayed at the downtown Hyatt in February, during the rain -- so we spent a lot of time in the revolving bar! Sort of dated, stuck in the 1970s, but very pleasant servers knew when to approach and when to back off. Late afternoon/evening/nitetime views rather enchanting.
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 01:57 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's up to you, but I still say the Phoenician is a better choice than Different Pointe of View. Perhaps you should mention what kind of experience you are looking for. There are several places in greater PHX to eat/drink with a view. The Hyatt (Compass Room) is nice, but somewhat inconvenient unless you are also staying downtown or going to the theatre or a sporting event. Different Pointe of View is also somewhat remotely located to the areas tourists usually frequent. I noticed in another post of yours you were asking about Rawhide or a place w/ a western atmosphere. You might check out Rustler's Rooste, located at (Ironically) the Pointe South Mountain Resort. It is a western themed restaurant that serves interesting dishes like rattlesnake (Along w/ regular American food). The view is also quite nice (It is perched on top of a Butte). Nearby the Pointe S.M. is the Wyndham Buttes, home to Top of the Rock. Yet another place for drinks w/ a view (And there are more I haven't mentioned). I guess it just depends on what you want and where you are staying. PHX is very spread out and you won't enjoy rush hour traffic if you are trying to cross town to one of these places. Hope you enjoy AZ.
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
staying in scottsdale - what about pinnacle peak patio compared to rustler's roost? Compass room probably not what we want, Different Pointe of View sounds too difficult to get to, so between Top of the Rock and The Thirsty Camel I guess. Thanks for all the info. Any more advice is greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 18th, 2003, 07:48 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
"Top of the Rock" (Buttes)in Tempe has a wonderful view of the city lights plus you can watch the planes come in on final approach at Sky Harbor Airport.
The ambiance is great.

Francie