Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Best Philadelphia Hotels for Conventions - need updated info - please help!

Best Philadelphia Hotels for Conventions - need updated info - please help!

Oct 22nd, 2003, 06:21 PM
Original Poster

Best Philadelphia Hotels for Conventions - need updated info - please help!

I will be going to Philadelphia in the spring for a convention and looking for nice hotels around the convention center. I will be sharing a room with several other collegues. We are looking for a nice hotel -doesn't have to be cheap but not looking for extravagant either.

Right now, I am looking at the Hilton Garden Inn versus the Embassy Suites Downtown. I have seen good reviews on both. A suite hotel would be nice because of the space of the rooms plus the Embassy suites has full breakfast included. My collegues like the idea of the comp. breakfast - less to spend on food. The Hilton Garden Inn doesn't have this perk, but it is ranked as a nicer hotel, plus it is right next to the convention center, the subway, etc.

Would really like input on this because I need to book the hotel room(s) within the next two weeks. Are these hotels as nice as they are rated? Is this area safe at night for women?
Oct 22nd, 2003, 06:29 PM

Both areas are safe. The Embassy Suites is 3 blocks from the subway. I actually would prefer the Embassy Suites due to its proximity to the Art Museum, Rittenhouse Square, and the Avenue of the Arts (South Broad Sreet. If you chose to walk to the convention center it's about 10 minutes away.
Oct 22nd, 2003, 06:41 PM
Laura1787

Either hotel would be a good choice.
Although I like the Parkway museum area (Embassy Suites), I'd choose the Hilton because it puts you next to the Reading Terminal Market, a great indoor farmers market with wonderful restaurants. You are also blocks away from Old City, the historic area. When in Philadelphia, you must see the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. Both areas are safe for women and at night just keep your wits about you and stay on the main well lit streets. Enjoy the City of Brotherly Love!

Oct 23rd, 2003, 06:22 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so very much for your info! I appreciate it.

Search this Thread