Reload this Page >

Best of Maui & Kauai

Search

Best of Maui & Kauai

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2000, 09:40 AM
KY

Best of Maui & Kauai

We're planning for a Sept vacation - 5 days in Maui, 5 days in Kauai. What's the best upscale resort/hotel on the beach in Maui and most romantic secluded getaway in Kauai? Celebrating 8 years wedded bliss and 40th BD with our first visit to Hawaii!

Old Mar 21st, 2000, 11:28 AM
kal

KY, For Kauai, there are the big resorts, Hyatt, Princeville, Marriott, Sheraton and Embassy Suites
(timeshare-ish), but it sounds like you want an out of the way, without room service type of setting ???

I'd recommend looking into a house rental in the Annini Beach/ Hanalei/Lumahai/Kepuhi areas on the No. shore...Try some Kauai rental websites..Maybe Prosser R.E./Northshore Properties, et al.

Some places you can walk right out onto the beach from the back door...Mahalo,Kal

Old Mar 21st, 2000, 11:32 AM
jeannie

On Maui- It's the Four Seasons and on Kauai- nothing beats the Princeville. Did them both last year. In early May- great!

Old Mar 27th, 2000, 11:53 AM
MD

If you decide on going to the Princeville area of Kauai, I would recommend checking out this website for a house rental. My fiancee and I are going there for part of our honeymoon in May and I couldn't pass this up. The property just changed hands recently but the new owner is still renting it out (thankfully!!!). Based on what the pictures look like I am really anticipating a great stay on the Island without breaking the bank! Hope this helps!

Daniel

Old Mar 27th, 2000, 11:55 AM
MD

Forgot to post the website address!...

http://www.extreme-hawaii.com/nohea/tour/

Daniel

Old Apr 14th, 2000, 08:05 AM
Noah

I found a lot of vacation rentals in Kauai and Maui which look very nice and are much cheaper than the big resorts/hotels, listed on the HCVB website:

http://gohawaii.com