Best NYC Theatre District Hotel

Apr 30th, 2005, 10:09 AM
Original Poster

Best NYC Theatre District Hotel

Does anyone have a suggestion for a great hotel in NYC's theatre district for $450 or under per night? Thanks for your help.
Apr 30th, 2005, 10:34 AM

I guess it depends on what you would call the "theatre district." At that room rate, you could stay at the Rhiga Royale, which is in the low 50's (maybe 53rd?) between 6th & 7th. All suites, I believe, and very nice. May be slightly north of what you would consider the "theatre district," but an easy walk to any theatre.

The Doubletree is also all suites.

You might do a search of this site for Times Square or theatre district and hotel. A lot of people recommend the Michaelangelo, but I don't know much about it.
Apr 30th, 2005, 10:47 AM

The truly elite hotels in NYC are not in the theater district - way too crowded, loud and tacky.

So must you be right in the theater district? Or would you prefer a really great hotel (and for the elites $450 won;t do it anyway - except at the slowest time of year.)

Are you looking for room luxury? Modern or tratitional? Great service? Or just location?
Apr 30th, 2005, 10:53 AM
Original Poster

Hi NYTraveler- It doesn't have to be right in the theatre district. I don't care if it's modern or traditional. We care mostly about room size and luxury...but we do require room service. Any suggestions within our price range? What do you think of the Sofitel?
Apr 30th, 2005, 12:14 PM

What about the Palace at Madison and 49th or 50th?
Apr 30th, 2005, 03:06 PM

The Sofitel and the Michelangelo are 2 of the nicer hotels in the theater district. Both are in locations that are a bit out of the hubbub. Newer hotels in the area are the Westin Times Square, the Hilton TS and the W Times Square which are in more "exposed" areas. The Doubletree Suites TS has large rooms. Have also heard good things about the junior suites at the Casablanca. The regular rooms are small but suites are evidently quite nice. It's a smaller boutique hotel though so not sure about room service. Check the website.

Search this Thread