Reload this Page >

Best Long Island Pizzeria

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Jake

I've been to the 5 boroughs of NY many times and have eaten great pizza. This year I'm going to Long Island for the first time. I heard the pizza on Long Island is also great. What is the best Long Island Pizzeria and where is it located?

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 07:31 PM
Jen

Did you say Long Island Sound???

Then Pepe's in New Haven of course.

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 10:09 PM
new yorker

Technically, Queens and Brooklyn are on Long Island, so this isn't your first time on Long Island.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 04:46 PM
vincenzo

Jake,...this last knucklehead is good with geography but isn't doing you any favors. Long Island is a big friggin' place, and you don't say specifically where you're visiting. But I can tell you that thanks to a strong Italian-American presence there is a pizzeria in just about every stripmall, shopping center, street corner, you name it.
The good news is that most of them are excellent,...and will generally knock the socks off of any pizza you will find in other parts of the country.
Some of my favorites are; Saviano's in Bohemia, Relli's in Melville, and Rocco's in St. James. Basically you can't go wrong. So manga! and enjoy.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 06:36 PM
Lois

A landmark in New Hyde Park for many years is Umberto's. Every community has one if not several with great [or at least, really good] pizza. What area are you looking for?

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Jake

I will be in the Valley Stream/Lynbrook/Rockville Centre/Hewlett/Woodmere/Cedarhurst/
Lawrence/Oceanside area. Thanks for any help you can provide. Mangia Bevi!

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 06:23 AM
Fred

Best pizzeria in your area is "Ancona" in Valley Stream - located on Rockaway Avenue.

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 06:33 AM
Lois

Although I grew up in that area, I wouldn't be able to recommend anything current. I suggest that when you get there, you ask anyone around you. Almost everyone has a favorite pizza place, bagel place and Chinese restaurant. They are all plentiful and excellent. In my town, I could recommend 5 places to get pizza within a mile or two radius, and they are all excellent. Hope you enjoy your visit!

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 09:55 AM
Clara

Pizza Hut near Roosevelt Field is really good.

Old Sep 21st, 2002, 10:37 AM
Frank

I second Umberto's of New Hyde Park, some of the best on the Island. The restaurant is great also.

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 06:38 PM
Kosher

Sabra Kosher Pizza in Cedarhurst is also very good.

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 08:17 AM
LIer

What about Long Island Bagels! We're famous for our Bagels! =)

Pizza places, Nino's in Oyster Bay! May he rest in peace. We love you nino!

Mario's Pizza in OysterBay

Umbertos...... its too chain-storey

You wanna go to a mom and pops place for great pizza.

Plus Oyster bay is a great place to visit. You can check out the sound and you also visit Teddy roosevelts mansion. What else do you want?

LAWN GUY LAND

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 09:38 AM
Pete

J&S Pizza in Rosedale is great!!!
Every slice is Sicilian.

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 10:07 AM
barbara

In Westbury -- it used to be Franks on Post Avenue, not sure what its called now; and Borelli's on Old Country Road. How can you mention Pizza Hut in the same breath?

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 11:08 AM
dom

Best Pizza

Dominoe 's

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 02:10 PM
Manjia

Tony's Pizza in the Waldbaum's Frozen Food aisle.

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 05:24 AM
ddd

Frank's in Westbury is now Alfredo's. It stinks now. Frank's had the best scilian.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 08:14 PM
Gulotta

Madone's Pizza in Lynbrook.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 05:13 AM
xx

In the late 40s & early 50s it was the Tower restaurant on Merrick Rd in Bellmore. You just brought back a lt of memories.

Old Sep 29th, 2002, 04:59 PM
xx

Try "Moe, Larry & Curly's Pizza" in Lido Beach. Great Pizza!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -