Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

best hotels on budget near SeaTac airport?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2003, 07:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What hotels do you suggest at a reasonable rate with an airport shuttle available for July visit to Seattle?
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 04:39 AM

Priceline and Hotwire are a great place to get good hotel deals in Seattle. Just curious.... do you haver to be near the airport? All the fun and interesting stuff in Seattle (with few exceptions) is most easily accessed by staying in a downtown location. I just returned from a trip there and stayed at the Hotel Vintage Park at $60 per night on a PL deal. It was a beautiful boutique hotel with a very spacious room and an incredibly gracious and friendly staff. They don't have an aiport shuttle but Grayline Express now has an independent airport shuttle serving the major downtown hotels at only $14 round trip.
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 05:52 AM

Lots of us who cross the country have to be near the airport the night before a flight because they tend to leave so very early in the morning. There are lots and lots down there, including the most "modest" chains.

I have had good luck with locating a few close to the airport via T'city or Orbitz and then getting an even better rate booking on-line directly with the chain (even with Hyatt, depending on the day of the week). Do be aware, however, that if your hotel is on the same side of the highway as the airport and south of the entrance, you will be along a runway and it can be noisy.

Cheaper prices on weekends than weekdays, btw.
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 06:12 AM

Pat, here is a list of SeaTac hotels that Price Line uses, so if you bid at the three star level, you'll get one of these. They seem to be going for about $30-35/night. I found this info on www.biddingfortravel.com.

Radisson Hotel
Seatac Marriott
Wyndam Seattle Tacoma Airport
SeaTac Hawthorn Suites
Doubletree Hotel Seattle Airport
Hilton Seattle Airport

Old Mar 28th, 2003, 07:03 PM

I agree, use Priceline or Hotwire. I have used Hotwire and twice got the Hilton for 35/night, 3 1/2 stars. Also got Holiday Inn, 3 1/2 stars for 35/night. Well worth the effort. You won't get these rates elsewhere.
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 08:27 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for your advice. There are 4 of us and priceline for two rooms sounds better than making a reservation for one room with two double beds!
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 09:33 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
I booked a friend of ours into the SeaTac Marriott for one night next week on Priceline - $32. Prepay rate on the web for the same room was $79. Judging from the taxes, it looks like Priceline paid around $29 for the room, so a $30 bid would have been accepted.