Notices

Best hotel/inn/B&B in Newport?

Feb 22nd, 2004, 09:51 AM
Original Poster

Best hotel/inn/B&B in Newport?

Will be staying in Newport second week of May. Would like to stay at the best place in town. Money is (almost) no object? Suggestions? Heard good things about Castle Hill Inn but I think it's alreadt booked!
Feb 22nd, 2004, 01:15 PM

I've heard (from realtives) that the new Marriott in Newport is BEAUTIFUL!!! If you were willing to move a bit farther south (like 10-15 minutes) my three reccomendations would be:
1. Surf and Sand Hotel in Lauguna Beach
2. St. Regis or Ritz in South Laguna Beach/Laguna Niguel. (The beach in fron of this hotel is WONDERFUL-I grew up on this beach.)
Feb 22nd, 2004, 03:10 PM

I think we're talking about Newport, RI, right?
Feb 22nd, 2004, 04:27 PM

sorry...my bad
Feb 22nd, 2004, 07:41 PM
jtp

We spent 4 nights at the Castle Hill Inn, following Thanksgiving and could not rave more! The service was outstanding, the tea hostess noted on our 2nd day that we were staing in the Turret Suite and she brought the tea to us, so we would also be able to enjoy the breath taking sunsets.
Breakfast provided an assortment of options, and the outstanding dinner, I have to say was somewhat disappointing but I honestly chalk that up to the Chef's absence. We had some wonderful meals (dinners) else where with each one outstanding!
Feb 23rd, 2004, 11:17 AM

Castle Hill would most likely show up on most peoples "best in town" list. But if they're booked, try the new Chanler Inn or Vanderbilt Hall

www.thechanler.com
www.vanderbilthall.com
Feb 23rd, 2004, 01:05 PM

HI bstaihr,

I've always loved the Admiral Fitzroy
www.admiralfitzroy.com.

Have fun!
Patti
Feb 24th, 2004, 04:50 AM

Just in case it matters to you, I would point out that there is one drawback to the Castle Hill Inn: you will have to drive to virtually all Newport attractions (the sole exception being Brenton Point State Park). Want to see the Mansions and the Cliff Walk? Get in the car. Want to eat at one of Newport's other fine restaurants? Get in the car. Want to spend an afternoon walking around downtown shopping? Get in the car. Although in May the traffic and parking won't really be an issue, realize that almost every day of your stay you will be getting in your car, driving it to the Newport Harborfront area, and finding a place to park. If that is absolutely no concern to you- Castle Hill is the place. Otherwise, consider downtown/harborside options. You won't have the superb view but you will be able to walk to most everything.
Mar 2nd, 2004, 10:50 PM

My mom and I stayed at the Francis Malbone House and loved it! The innkeepers were all so nice, and the food was amazing! It's cozy and a one of a kind experience-You can stay at the Marriot anywhere!
Mar 3rd, 2004, 06:23 AM

We too stayed at the Francis Malbone House and enjoyed every aspect of it.

Search this Thread