Reload this Page >

Best hotel in Miami????

Search

Best hotel in Miami????

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16th, 1999, 09:00 AM
richard

Best hotel in Miami????

What is the best hotel in Miami (forget about the cost)?

Old Jul 16th, 1999, 11:38 AM
susan

If you mean South Beach, it's The Tides. The rooms are huge - two rooms have been converted to one...it's facing the beach and the rooms come equipped with telescopes for your viewing pleasure! I spent a considerable amount of time devoted to finding the best place on South Beach, and feel confident I found it. Many folks recommended the Delano, which is nearby, but they all mentioned the tiny rooms. As I recall we had a junior suite, and it was around $400 a night. One other piece of advice: Don't bother with their restaurant...it doesn't live up to the accommodations.

Old Jul 16th, 1999, 12:31 PM
Rachael

The Biltmore in Coral Gables!!! Great golf, incredible pool (one of the largest in the country!) gorgeous lobby, and nice suites.

Old Sep 4th, 1999, 02:06 PM
Biggy

The Wyndham (former Doral) is great and just far enough away from South Beach to let you not feel to busy all the time. Jr Suites are best value.

Old Sep 5th, 1999, 07:55 PM
graziella

Hi Richard, you can forget about the cost , but in my opinion you cannot forget what your preferences are , ....
I would agree with the Tides, also with the Biltomore ( so different one from the other ... , ) on the other hand I would never agree on the Wyndham
Hotel....but again I believe that to get a valid answer you must put your preference up front....

Old Sep 5th, 1999, 07:55 PM
graziella

Hi Richard, you can forget about the cost , but in my opinion you cannot forget what your preferences are , ....
I would agree with the Tides, also with the Biltomore ( so different one from the other ... , ) on the other hand I would never agree on the Wyndham
Hotel....but again I believe that to get a valid answer you must put your preference up front....

Old Sep 8th, 1999, 11:18 AM
sabrina

My vote goes to the Biltmore. Beautiful and romantic, with the best service. Plus, the Sunday brunch is TO DIE FOR. The absolute best.

Old Sep 8th, 1999, 12:41 PM
Neal Sanders

It has been five years since I have stayed there, but my memory of the Grand Bay Hotel in Coconut Grove is of a hotel that pulled out all of the stops on the luxury front. Sabrina's comment about the Sunday brunch also matches my recollection of the feast laid out at the Grand Bay.