Reload this Page >

best hotel in Fisherman's Wharf/SFO

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 01:31 PM
dee

Can someone tell me what they think is the best hotel in the Fisherman's Wharf (San Fran) area to stay at?

Thanks

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 02:36 PM
David

While I wouldn't highly recommend the Wharf as a place to stay (nice place to visit, etc.) I have heard that the Tuscan Inn a couple of blocks up is nice. If you wish to stay directly on the Wharf there's always the Radisson (nothing special but it does have views of the water).

Hope this helps,

David S.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 03:27 PM
kam

I would vote for the Tuscan Inn. If you wanted glass and marble and glitz then perhaps the Hilton Plaza or the Hyatt at F. Wharf. Fisherman's Wharf is the main tourist area of SF--Union Square is the shopping center with all the big name stores and the Financial District is the business center. If you're a tourist and want to do the tourist things, Fisherman's Wharf is a good place to be.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 04:16 PM
dee

Thanks everyone. I'll check out the Tuscan Inn.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 04:19 PM
kam

Il Pescadero at the Tuscan Inn is also one of the nicer restaurants in the area---Italian seafood and a pretty room.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 04:29 PM
kal

Dee,
I think you may have been the one asking about Hotwire/FishWharf?

We got a "hot tip" right here on the Fodor's board about 2 weeks ago from another Fodor Friend who just booked the Hyatt F'wharf for $92 thru Hotwire.com.

I tried it and got it, too, for $92/night for Mar 23rd/24th.

Hotwire lets you pinpoint an area of SF better than Priceline.com does. Tho my bro in law got the St Francis for $75/night same days thru P'line.

Since our "Event" begins (around 6:00 a.m.) and ends at Aquatic Park, we paid the extra $$$ to avoid the hassle of driving, cabbing or cable "carring" up from Union Sq. And i can have b'fast at The Buena Vista while Mrs Kal is running!

The Tuscan is very nice, too. Stayed there 2x and enjoyed the "European" flavor.

The Sheraton and the Marriott weren't bad either. Have stayed there on business.
We actually enjoyed our stay last year at the Holiday Inn on Beach/Leavenworth.
Think it was $120/nite then. We were in the newer section across the street from the check in.
Kal

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 04:42 PM
dee

Thanks Kal. So basically you think any room that I can through hotwire in the Fisherman's Wharf area would be OK, right? thanks so much for the info.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 04:50 PM
kal

Dee,
I believe on Hotwire the Hyatt was shown as a "4-star/upscale property". There were some "lesser star hotels" listed that may not be the Hyatt so beware!

All I know is the Fodor's post said Hyatt at $92 and I was looking at the post just a few minutes right after it was posted...Right place/Right time!

Good luck!
Kal

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 05:52 PM
dee

Thanks Kal. So basically you think any room that I can through hotwire in the Fisherman's Wharf area would be OK, right? thanks so much for the info.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 05:54 PM
Dee

Sorry for the double posting.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 06:15 PM
mt

Is the Hilton at FW considered a nice hotel at FW?

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 06:41 PM
gail

We loved Tuscan Inn - BUT - our room was directly over entrance and quite noisy with people parking, calling cabs, etc. Almost any other room would have been great.