Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Best Hawaii honeymoon resort (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/best-hawaii-honeymoon-resort-414439/)

beezootoo Mar 23rd, 2004 11:50 AM

Best Hawaii honeymoon resort

Looking for ideas for my honeymoon. Where would you suggest we stay? We are willing to splurge :-)
Thanks!

LordBalfor Mar 23rd, 2004 12:20 PM

Are you necessarily hooked on Hawaii? We love Hawaii - but we LOVE the Cook Islands in the South Pacific - much more idylic-looking and romantic in my opinion and with wonderful, exotic-feeling lagoon environments. Fiji and French Polynesia are (I'm sure) great choices too - though FP is very expensive.

The only real drawback to these islands (compared to Hawaii) is that they are pretty quiet- even compared to quiet Hawaiian islands (like Kauai), so if you like a lot of nightlife or tend to be real active they may not suit you. The time of year of your trip could also be a factor.

Anyway, just something to consider. If you do decide on Hawaii, I'm sure you'll still love it. Hawaii is pretty wonderful - even if I do think the Cooks are even better.

Ken

Wilikinia Mar 23rd, 2004 01:26 PM

I got married at the Hyatt Regency Kauai. It's a very beautiful resort on the sunny (south) side of Kauai. Also, the Princeville Resort on the north shore Kauai - BEAUTIFUL setting - rugged coastline. great pool and beach.

jlo92504 Mar 23rd, 2004 04:21 PM

Two places you should check out -

www.konavillageresort.com
www.secretbeachkauai.com

almesq Mar 23rd, 2004 04:49 PM

On our honeymoon, we stayed at the Four Seasons in Maui and the Hyatt in Kauai, and loved both. For a real splurge, the Four Seasons is great--the pampering is amazing. The Hyatt is also very nice, great pools, lagoon, and restaurants. I would have liked to gone to the Big Island and stayed at the Four Seasons there as well, supposed to be awesome.

shelbyl1 Mar 23rd, 2004 04:54 PM

Any resort in Wailea!

Nancy03 Mar 23rd, 2004 06:32 PM

jlo92504:

Have you stayed at Secret Beach? We are staying there in September and getting married on their grounds. I've only read one review here on Fodors about the place, but have read about it on other websites. Can hardly wait!!!!

Knowing Mar 25th, 2004 01:22 PM

The Hyatt Kauai is beautiful. Also many great restaurants on the island.

iamq Mar 25th, 2004 02:03 PM

The Hotel Hana Maui for at least a few days would be heaven.

Baligirl Mar 26th, 2004 06:55 AM

I second Kona Village..it is seculed with each room having its own hut and people all do their own things. the food is wonderful and the people are great...fyi..no phones are tv...

kamahinaohoku Mar 30th, 2004 11:32 AM

I also recommend Kona Village- no TV, no radios, no telephones in the rooms. And the do not disturb "sign" is a coconut you put outside your door.

jlo92504 Mar 30th, 2004 12:08 PM

Nancy03 -

No, we haven't stayed there but I found it really early on in my research for our honeymoon. We actually aren't staying there - but SOMEDAY! It just looks amazing...

gyppielou Mar 30th, 2004 01:28 PM

I now understand that seasons do matter if you must have sunshine and ocean access, soo beesootoo....what month??? My outstanding choices and stays are 4S Maui, Princeville, Kauai and The Lodge on Lanai..they are all magical to me. Have never stayed at Hotel Hana, although I've stayed in Hana 3 times....love Hana, so it could be a choice between Lanai, which we did one trip. These are all very special memory makers. Best of luck