Reload this Page >

best cruise suggestions

Search

best cruise suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1st, 2001, 07:47 PM
gary

best cruise suggestions

We are planning a cruise end of may - looking for suggestions from recent or past cruisers. We have heard Holland America is the best lines for alaska - just looking for input, suggestions of iteniaries. Prob. a 7 to 10 day is all the time we have allowed. your experience would be appreciated.
thanks in advance

Old Dec 2nd, 2001, 04:06 AM
MJ

Holland America and Princess do the best Alaska products. They are pretty comparable in general so choose by price or if the prices are similar, choose by the ship (on both lines, their newer ships are much nicer than their older ones!)

Oh, and Alaska will be pretty chilly in May, especially at night. Pack accordingly!

Old Dec 2nd, 2001, 04:08 AM
carol

Fodors has a forum just for cruises. When we planned our many cruises it did not exist. I can see now it will give you all the answers. First you have to determine where you want to cruise to and take it from there. Good luck

Old Dec 2nd, 2001, 04:11 AM
carol

Gary - My bad - I did not read the whole paragraph. Alaska - Ahhh - my vote is Princess. Sorry, but stil check out Fodors cruise section.

Old Dec 2nd, 2001, 04:16 AM
sukie

Gary,
Also check out Cruisecritic.com for
tons of information from very friendly folks.

Old Dec 3rd, 2001, 06:04 AM
jacky

Since cruises are so cheap now, you might consider a step up to Crystal Cruises--very luxurious.