Reload this Page >

Best Colorado spots within 2 hours of an airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 04:35 PM
jeanie

I've never been to Colorado so my husband and I hope to fly up from the Dallas area to stay for 4-6 days in September. We'd like to have advice about good places to visit for relaxing and any "must see or do" things (scenic, historical, whatever), and about good bed and breakfast lodging, all within a couple hours drive of a substantial airport. Is this possible? Thanks for any recommendations you can give.

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 05:05 PM
howard

The first place that comes to mind of Rocky Mountain National Park, which is well within two hours' drivetime from Denver, which certainly has a substantial airport!

Old Aug 18th, 2000, 05:13 PM
Jenna

We just got back from Colorado and one thing we really enjoyed was the Hot Springs. We stayed in Steamboat Springs where there is a really nice hot springs spot but I have no idea how far away it is from an airport. There are a lot of hot springs in CO, though, so I'm sure there's one near an airport.

Old Aug 19th, 2000, 05:56 AM
Me

If you have access to a car and want a thrilling ride, I highly recommend going to the top of Mt. Evans west of Denver. It has the highest paved highway in the US. The view from the top is okay, but the view going up and coming down is spectacular. We stopped several times going down and were able to see mountain goats just a few feet away from us! It is not a ride I would recommend for a nervous driver OR passenger!

Old Aug 19th, 2000, 07:42 AM
glen

We love Glenwood Hot Springs. But, it is about a 3 hour drive from Denver.

Old Aug 20th, 2000, 03:35 PM
G. Kremer

Go to Boulder (very nice trendy beautiful city) & stop at the Pearl Street Mall & nearby Mapleton Hill Historic District. DO NOT go back home unless you've visited Rocky Mountain National Park & Estes Park.