Reload this Page >

Best beach in middle Florida

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 12:19 PM
Anders Blom

I will be working just north of Orlando and will get three full days and nights off in beginning of September. These days I would like to spend close to a nice beach, with nice surroundings and not too far from spots for sightseeing. I am also thinking about getting on a boat trip or out deep sea fishing. Appreciate any recommendations of a nice hotel to stay at as well. Thanks!!

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 01:00 PM
Jane

Anders,
I'd suggest New Smyrna Beach. There are a couple nice places to go the beach there- Canaveral National Seashore, the northern part and Smyrna dunes which is a county owned park at the north end of the island. There's a couple of good restaurants, JB's fish camp right before you go into Canaveral National Seashore, and Victor's which is in the beachside town area. You cab also arrange for deepsea fishing at JB's as well as others. As far as accomadations, do a B&B search, or check into condos which are often available for short periods. Sorry, I don't spend the night there so can't comment. Enjoy your visit to our area.
Jane

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 01:17 PM
Lenore

New Smyrna is a nice wide beach that you can drive onto. There isn't a lot of night life in that area though. A little further north is St Augustine, which has a nice beach and a more lively night life. We always stay at B&B's when in St Augustine, so I don't have any hotel recommendations. Sorry!

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 01:29 PM
Jane

There isn't a lot of nightlife in New Smyrna, although you might try JB's. There are places you can drive on the beach, but far the nicer ones(IMO) are those you can't drive, like Canaveral. St. Augustine is about one and a half hours north of Orlando, longer to the beach, New Smyrna about 45 minutes. Both are worth a visit.
Jane

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 01:58 PM
Bubba

I would definitely recommend St Augustine. Actually, a nice beach is at Crescent Beach, just south of St Augustine.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 03:29 PM
Michelle

I really like the Hilton at Daytona Beach Shores....