Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Best Airport Food? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/best-airport-food-631654/)

clelbong Jul 17th, 2006 01:49 PM

Best Airport Food?

Just got back from a cross country trip, we were stuck in Denver for 3 hours both ways, and we weren't too impressed with the food. Was wondering if this has been covered before What is your best airport food experience? Here are my favorites

SFO- There's a stand (don't know the name) that makes great deli sandwiches
Vancouver- Good Noodle Soups
Seatle- Anthony's
O'Hare- quick chicago style hot dog before getting on board

marcyandtim Jul 17th, 2006 02:21 PM

Pittsburgh airport various places. I just like that fact that the food prices aren't increased because you are eating in the airport!

TC Jul 17th, 2006 02:38 PM

Minneapolis airport has so many really good restaurants you wouldn't mind getting stuck there.

California Pizza Kitchen
D'Amico Italian Deli
Austin Blues BBQ
Chili's
Wok & Roll
Tequileria Mexican
Wolfgang Puck
Uno Pizza
Godfather's Pizza
TGI Fridays
Charley's Philly Grill
Famous Famiglia Caffe
360 Gourmet Burritos
Jodi Maroni Sausages
Sbarros
Quiznos
French Meadow Bakery and Cafe
Einstein Bros Bagels
Northern Lights Bar
The Lodge Bar
Malibu Al's
Caribou, Starbuck's and Dunn Bros. for coffees
Cinnabon's
Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream
Dairy Queen
McDonald's
Burger King

MelissaHI Jul 17th, 2006 02:52 PM

I really enjoyed my sit-down meal at Paschal's in Atlanta-Hartsfield (concourse C) recently. I felt like I was at a real restaurant, with down-home service!

ElendilPickle Jul 17th, 2006 03:03 PM

Garduno's at the Albuquerque airport has great New Mexican food.

Lee Ann

cmcfong Jul 17th, 2006 03:08 PM

Ditto, Melissa. That is good food at Paschals. There is also a cafeteria version in A Terminal.

maria_so Jul 17th, 2006 03:09 PM

TC, all of those are at the Minneapolis airport? How big is that airport? I remember having a stop over at a minneapolis airport (is there more than one?) but we only stayed at one end and had a beer. Had I known the many choices, I would've at least wondered around!

OldSouthernBelle Jul 17th, 2006 03:12 PM

Yes, I do remember this being discussed before, and Chicago O'hare has some of the best to me - one of Wolfgang Puck's restaurants and also a Chilli's, which I usually enjoy.

ChristieP Jul 17th, 2006 04:38 PM

Reata at DFW's new Terminal D!

TC Jul 17th, 2006 04:39 PM

Maria...don't know when you were in Minneapolis, but our airport has done quite an expansion in the last few years. Yes, all those..and more are in the airport, and once you've had a good meal, you should see the shopping!

http://www.expedia.com/daily/airport...mp;rfrr=-32220

NorthwestMale Jul 17th, 2006 04:45 PM

Wow, I do what it takes to fly through Cincinnati when going across country because of the combination of good food selection and smaller crowds. After reading the report on Minneapolis up there I would consider using it as a transfer point!!!

bugswife1 Jul 17th, 2006 04:52 PM

I am obsessed with Chick-Fil-A and cannot get it in NYC. So, Atlanta Airport is tops for me!

AuntAnnie Jul 17th, 2006 04:56 PM

I had a good beef brisket BBQ sandwich and a cold beer on a Dallas/Fort Worth layover. The name of the place, however, escapes me!!!

obxgirl Jul 17th, 2006 05:03 PM

Lee Ann, I totally agree about Garduno's at the Albq airport! Good New Mex food, and way better than most of the rest of the country.

I recall Cincinnati having a good selection of pretty decent chain places to eat: Wolfgang Puck, Qdoba, Outback. There were others but I don't recall.

maria_so Jul 17th, 2006 05:19 PM

TC, it's been about 3 or 4 years, I guess. We were there for a stop over from Houston to Salt Lake City flying with Northwest (we were on our way to Jackson Hole, Wy/Tetons and Yellowstone.

We're heading that way next year and if our stop over is Minneapolis again, I will definitely have a look around! Thanks for the link!

irecommend Jul 17th, 2006 06:14 PM

Montreal Airport will win hands down-anyone agree?

clelbong Jul 17th, 2006 07:28 PM

Sounds like Garduno's in New Mexico is the way to go, we will be travelling to NM next month so I'll be sure to check it out.

irecommend- I went to Montreal about 4 years ago, but I don't remember much about the airport food, what do you like?

matnikstym Jul 17th, 2006 07:30 PM

DFW! HNL has some pretty good restaurants, especially in the inter-island terminal Worst- Hilo or Oakland!

Cali Jul 17th, 2006 08:03 PM

We also love the Mpls. Airport - so many restaurants and shops and really not bad to be stuck there for a few hours. I don't feel the same about our home airport - LAX.

thehumps Jul 17th, 2006 08:07 PM

Raw lobster at Logan in Boston