Belleview Biltmore, Clearwater?

Dec 13th, 1998, 07:14 PM
MARIO V

Belleview Biltmore, Clearwater?

Any advice as to whether or not this would be a nice place to spend a weekend in March? How's the food?

Dec 14th, 1998, 06:52 PM
susan

My husband and I had a rather bad experience at this hotel a couple of years ago before it was bought by the Biltmore. I spent a lot of time trying to find the absolute best hotel in the area and decided on this one, which at the time was the Belleview Mido. Basically, all I can say is that it was empty. Granted, we did go in the summer, which is certainly not the most popular time. But other hotels in the Clearwater Beach area were packed, so there was no reason to expect this place to be dead. We checked in, went out to dinner, got back at about 9:30 or 10:00 and asked at the desk if there were a bar where we could have an after-dinner drink. They didn't have anything open. Furthermore, there was nobody there!!! We checked out early the next morning.

Dec 15th, 1998, 10:47 PM
sharon

I would go to St. Pete Beach to the Don Ceasar over there. It does have a reputation of either being on or off depending on who is running it. Tradewinds is nice too on SP Beach.

Search this Thread