Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Bellagio Penthouse Suite (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/bellagio-penthouse-suite-214442/)

Carly May 6th, 2002 04:30 AM

Bellagio Penthouse Suite

Just booked a penthouse suite at the Bellagio. Has anyone stayed in one? I could not get the lakeview. Will this be a huge disappointment?

James May 6th, 2002 05:20 AM

Are you in for a treat!! Three bathrooms, bidet, steam room, wet bar and the lakeview will not be missed.<BR><BR>From 30 floors up you cannot see anything close to the base of the hotel and seeing the fountains from ground level is much better; and feel the spray while you listen to the beautiful music.<BR><BR>You can watch them on the TV as this is piped into all rooms.<BR><BR>Trust me, your every whim will be taken care of at the Bellagio. The staff is most attentive. Have a great visit.

j May 6th, 2002 05:56 AM

Carly, I like to live vicariously...How much will you be paying for the penthouse suite at the Bellagio?

Jan May 6th, 2002 08:31 AM

The P Suites at Bellagio are among my favorite hotel rooms in all the world.<BR>Lakeview is nice, but the room itself will soothe your disappointment quite nicely. I just love the way they set up and decorated those rooms. And the steam shower is one of the best of any hotel in the world. Actually I can't think of a better shower I've ever been in. Have fun!!<BR>As for rates, "j", Penthouse Suites go for as little as $450 at some low times. Usually about twice that. For a splurge, well worth it.

Leta May 6th, 2002 09:34 AM

I have to disagree. We stayed there and I feel the lakeview is a big part of the whole experience. We were on the 10th floor. The rooms are fabulous. Open your picture window and you have the gorgeous Paris lighting up your view with the fountains below. Turn the room stereo on and pull up your comfortable chairs and sit and watch the fountains in your pjs!

marion May 6th, 2002 10:09 AM

But the question, Leta, is will the penthouse suite be a huge disappointment since there is no lakeview room available.<BR>

bringbackstevewinn May 6th, 2002 10:50 AM

Don't get me wrong, I think Bellagio is a nice hotel. By Vegas standards, a very good hotel. In fact, I've stayd there 4 times in the last year alone.<BR><BR>However, I'd disagree with James' assertion that your 'every whim" will be taken care of. That is only true if you are a rated player who is gambling at least $25 a hand for several hours a day. If you are a "whale" they will keep you happy.<BR><BR>Otherwise, as a regular paying customer, suite or no suite, you'll get your every whim catered to for a price and a nice tip. <BR><BR>I stayed in one of the Penthouse Suites in November. We endured 5-10 minutes on hold when trying to make dinner reservations, 45 minutes waits for a bellman, an hour to get a set of keys that actually worked in our room, and not one, but 2 lost dinner reservations.<BR><BR>To be fair, they have upped the staffing level since then. Our visit in April was much better by comparison. <BR><BR>However, versus two or 3 years ago when Steve Winn ran the place, overall service has deteriorated. That is expected given that it is run by MGM.<BR><BR>In a comparable room category, I'd always choose the Lakeview versus the highway view. However, if given a choice between a standard lakeview and the Suite, I'd choose the latter.