Bellagio, Caesar's, Paris or Mirage?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello. Planning a surprise trip for my husband in July. It is for our two year anniversary. This will be sort of a "make-up" honeymoon for us since we had the worst honeymoon in the world (that's another story)!! Trying to find a romantic, yet reasonable hotel. I like the location of the Bellagio, Caesar's, Paris, Mirage area. Which one is the best bang for your buck? Also, can anyone recommend the best show in Vegas? I've heard "O" is a must see. And what about a romantic dinner spot? So sorry for all the questions. Feel free to answer one or all. TIA!!
Old Feb 11th, 2007, 03:57 PM

We stayed at The Mirage, and loved the location. It was a very good deal, too. We saw Cirque du Soleil's "Mystere", and it was outstanding. A truly amazing and fantastic show. For dinner, we liked Wolfgang Puck's restaurant in the Caesar Forum Shops. Hope this helps!
Old Feb 11th, 2007, 04:01 PM

Oooooooooh! It is going to be awesome!

I've got it....Bellagio - beautiful hotel, wonderful restaurants, etc..

Go see Le Reve! Have dinner at Daniel Boulud's! Try to get a window seat. Beginning at 6:30 PM and every half hour after is an incredible video / light / music show over the waterfall.

Just got back...VERY Romantic. I have seen "O" and some of the other shows...Le Reve was the best thus far!

8-)
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 02:10 PM

Hi.
From the list I would see Bellagio as the most romantic. I have stayed at all 4 places and in a variety of room styles and like Caesars best, but the place itself is not inherently romantic (but you can certainly make it romantic). I really did not like Paris. It was noisy and had very little to offer me in terms of entertainment (and to some extent, dining).

If you are getting a basic room, Bellagio has the best room. You may be able to upgrade to Petite Suite at the Mirage (with a whirlpool tub) for about the same price as a Bellagio room, though.

One of the things I really like about Caesars is the variety of dining, entertainment and shopping. You don't have to go far to find a good bar or club when you are at Caesars.

Bang for the buck ... well, Paris is probably going to be the cheapest, but I don't see much bang for your buck. The sheer variety of dining options at Caesars (and the Forum Shops) can help keep your costs down during your trip.

For a romantic dinner, I would go off-Strip to the Voodoo Lounge at the Rio. The food is good and it has a great view of the Strip (from 40 stories up even though they call it the 50th floor). You can even go out on the roof deck for a better view. There is a free shuttle from Caesars to the Rio is you don't have a car or don't want to take a taxi.

Take Care,
Mark
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 02:15 PM

3rd vote for Bellagio although the others would be good too.
Bellagio has the huge rooms, comfortable beds and treat guests very nicely!
Old Feb 13th, 2007, 02:00 AM

I think Broadwaybox.com/lasvegas is right up your alley - hotel and show discounts. Most of the current discounts will probably expire before July but new ones will take their place. On a personal note, my vote is for the Bellagio and O.
Old Feb 15th, 2007, 08:14 AM

We have stayed at the Mirage and the Paris and clearly favor the Mirage for its room, pool and location. We have booked the Bellagio for $179 in April..............if I can't get a room facing the fountains (doubtful @ $179), where should I ask for? I don't want to face any construction! Thanks!
Old Feb 15th, 2007, 05:57 PM

Tom, when you booked you should have had the option of a Fountain View. If you didn't reserve it, the odds on getting one are scarce. Even if one is available when you check in, you will probably have to pay an upgrade fee since it is a different room class. I've never been able to do that kind of upgrade for free (unless the room was comped ahead of time).

Without the fountain view, there is not a lot to look at in any direction. My bet is that you will be in the Spa Tower at the back of the property with a view of the freeway (and Rio, The Palms, mountains). IIRC, that would be facing away from most of the construction.
It should still be a great experience.
Take Care,
Mark
Old Feb 16th, 2007, 05:35 PM

Mark.......Thank you for this information!