Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Bed & Breakfast in Mendocino (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/bed-and-breakfast-in-mendocino-164132/)

Shari Feb 22nd, 2002 10:51 AM

Bed & Breakfast in Mendocino

My husband and I are planning a two night stay in April. Staying Mendocino or Little River. I need some suggestions of places to stay. Some places I've looked into are: Joshua Grindle, Glendeven Inn and Rachel's Inn.

kam Feb 22nd, 2002 11:19 AM

Joshua Grindle House would be my first choice. Agate Cove Inn is lovely with ocean views. Haven't stayed in Little River but the Little River Inn consistently gets good reviews out here in California. It's more of a hotel that a B&B.

Sara Feb 22nd, 2002 02:55 PM

Howard Creek Ranch in Westport, a little north of Mendocino is fantastic - like a garden of eden with flowers and birds and animals everywhere, a hot-tub and sauna in a jungle-like area, a footbridge,walking trail to the ocean, huge breakfasts. They will arrange guided horsebacking trips. Every room or cottage is unique.

Trish Mar 19th, 2002 03:58 PM

We have stayed at the Glendeven Inn twice and loved it both time. The building in the back has the largest rooms and is a little more private. I would definitely stay again.

wanderer Mar 21st, 2003 06:20 PM

Trish -<BR>We are looking at Glendeven. Which is the building &quot;out back&quot;?<BR><BR>Which room did you stay in?

Kathi Mar 21st, 2003 06:29 PM

We stayed at the Agate Cove in a few years ago and it was wonderful. Their website is www.agatecoveinn.com which has info/pictures of their accomodations.

jw Mar 22nd, 2003 03:16 AM

We just returned from a 3 night stay at Elk Cove Inn in Elk. It's a little south from where you are looking, but it's an easy drive (15 minutes) up to Mendocino. We really enjoyed our stay at the Inn. The whole area is great, though. Enjoy your trip!

PamSF Mar 22nd, 2003 10:04 AM

We've stayed at Rachel's and thought it was lovely. The breakfast was great! That being said we also checked out the Glendeven while we were there and thought it would be the place we stayed on our next visit. Folks also like the Little River Inn.

MonicaRichards Mar 22nd, 2003 04:52 PM

We love the Lodge at Noyo River in Fort Bragg. There's a great restaurant in Ft. Bragg called the Rendezvous so you don't have to travel to Mendocino (about 20 minutes) for dinner.

Chico Mar 23rd, 2003 07:00 PM

Becky, you asked about Glendeven. (I was Trish before we had to re-register). The building in back is called Stevenscroft. I believe three of the four rooms have partial views of the ocean. It is under new ownership since we stayed there, so it may have changed slightly...I am looking forward to staying there again. Enjoy your trip!

gocats2002 Mar 23rd, 2003 09:59 PM

We've stayed at the Little River Inn. It was lovely. It's right next to a beautiful state park, with ranger programs, nature walks, etc. Also, the beach across the road is an easy walk.

wanderer Mar 26th, 2003 09:48 PM

Chico -<BR>Do you remember what room you stayed at in Stevenscroft?

stellaluna Mar 28th, 2003 05:33 AM

this was a while back, but we stayed at the Harbor House in Elk and it was beautiful. overlooking the ocean. gorgeous gardens and great food......