beach club vs wilderness lodge disneyworld

Jul 15th, 1998, 09:35 PM
kathy bloom

beach club vs wilderness lodge disneyworld

going to disneyworld the end of september and the beginning of october thinking of staying at the beach club part of the trip and the wilderness lodge the other part what do you readers think of this I am hoping for some good weather

Jul 17th, 1998, 04:40 AM
phil

October is a great time to go to Disney. The weather is nice and the crowds are minimal.

Both hotels are very nice, it just depends on what you are looking for. Neither will disappoint.

The Wilderness Lodge is convenient to The Magic Kingdom (a boat runs about every 20 minutes) but you need to take a bus to the rest of the Parks. The Hotel itself is pretty impressive, especially the atrium type lobby. You will feel a bit isolated from the rest of the park (I guess that's the idea of being in the "Wilderness").

The Beach Club is attached to the Yacht Club and both are on a boardwalk. There is a lot of activity in the area and plenty of things to do when you want a break from the Parks (ie. bars, restaurants, boat and bike rentals or a walk on the boardwalk). Plus it has the best hotel pool at Disney. You can walk to Epcot or take a boat to MGM but you need to bus everywhere else. I would reccommend the Yacht Club over the Beach Club because all the rooms have balconies.

Overall, you'll have a great time at both. The Wilderness Lodge will feel more like a Disney vacation while the Beach/Yacht Club will be more like a resort vacation. It's a good combo. Have Fun!

Search this Thread