Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   beach chairs! (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/beach-chairs-610736/)

bergers4 Apr 26th, 2006 04:55 AM

beach chairs!

Hi, does anyone know of another place that gives beach chairs/umbrellas to their guest to use;besides Cayman Hotel on ocean- side? We do not have room in our car this year to take chairs, umbreallas, and all of us and our things. HELP>>>>>>>>PLEASE! Rose and Paul

GoTravel Apr 26th, 2006 06:42 AM

Where is Caymen Hotel and what location are you searching in?

bergers4 Apr 26th, 2006 12:18 PM

oops forgot, ocean city Md. Do you know anyhting about OC? R&P

GoTravel Apr 26th, 2006 12:22 PM

bergers, any Wings or Walmart will carry beach chairs that you can purchase for $10-$15 each.

I would think that Ocean City uses a beach service and will charge for beach chair rental.

Melrose May 2nd, 2006 09:46 AM

I don't think they want to buy them there, I guess they rent them all up and dwon the beach, Does anyone know the prices? :-(

GoTravel May 2nd, 2006 10:40 AM

Rental prices are usually pretty steep. Around $20 per day.

TheWeasel May 2nd, 2006 10:51 AM

GoT, do they charge less for renting to children? They do take up less space, so it would seem reasonable to charge them less. Maybe they have a family plan? Pay one flat rate and get as many chairs as you want.

Melrose May 2nd, 2006 11:07 AM

Thank you GoTravel!

starrsville May 2nd, 2006 11:12 AM

"I don't they want to buy them there"

Well, you (Rose and Paul) should know! :-)

I'm pretty sure TheWeasal is right. I think the hot dog vendors have the same "Family Plan". All you can eat for as many family members you can fit in a hotel room. Just show 1 hotel key and get as many pups as you want.

GoTravel May 2nd, 2006 11:38 AM

Weasel, of course they charge less renting to children. You have cram as many of them as possible on the chair.

Of course there is no extra wear and tear on the chair right? If the chair can safely hold one 180 pound adult, it should certainly be able to hold 10-12 50 pound kids.

obxgirl May 2nd, 2006 11:43 AM

Something is confusing.

On another current thread, bergers is staying at the WIndjammer and Melrose is at the Cayman. Now bergers is at the Cayman and Melrose is thanking GoT for answering bergers' question.

It's got to be dissociative identity disorder.

So in reality there's more than 2 adults/2 kids in that hotel room. There's six, eight and probably more personalities. And that, my friends, is a lot of extra towels.

GoTravel May 2nd, 2006 11:52 AM

But what about the chairs?

starrsville May 2nd, 2006 11:56 AM

Well, the best I can tell the Oceanside offers chairs and the Windjammer doesn't... and both the bergers4 and Melrose are considering staying at both hotels...as they drive to OC from WV.

TheWeasel May 2nd, 2006 11:59 AM

We must remember, these are adult children, so they theoretically will take up as much space as a regular adult. However, clearly there should be a discount as long as the parents are in the area. So, getting the family plan looks to be the cheapest route.

Or maybe they could bring adult-sized children's blankets and lay on the beach. How much do those kind of blankets cost?

GoTravel May 2nd, 2006 12:02 PM

They don't cost a thing.

Just take the bedspreads off the bed in the motel/hotel/condo and spread them on the sand.

obxgirl May 2nd, 2006 12:05 PM

And no need to buy or rent chairs. Just haul 'em out of the room and onto the beach!