Notices

Barn rentals - Indiana - wedding

Aug 4th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Original Poster

Barn rentals - Indiana - wedding

My fiancee just got engaged, and we are now planning our wedding. We've researched a bit in Chicago, where we live, but we're fearful of costs getting out of hand real quickly.

She is from Indiana, so we thought about getting married down there, hoping to save money. And we've always talked about getting married in a barn and feeding 100 guests BBQ pig roast or something like that.

I've found (and like) the County Line Orchard in Hobart, Indiana.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Preferably either close enough (1 hour drive?) to Indianapolis or Chicago (Hobart is about an hour from Chi).

Thanks for any input. Weird question, I know.
Aug 4th, 2008, 04:53 PM

Hi TwoFat-

I'm not from Indy so I have no ideas for locales, but wanted to tell you that I went to a similar wedding in western NJ a few years ago. It was a blast and so memorable.

They rented a gorgeous meadow out in the country, had a big tent and dance floor brought in, portapotties with grapevine wreaths on the doors, big bunches of wildflowers everywhere, and fabulous BBQ. The dress was festive "prairie/cowboy" style and they had a square dance caller and band and taught all of us city slickers to square dance. We loved it!

Best of luck with your wedding!
Aug 6th, 2008, 03:17 PM
TC

Not sure how many of these are close enough to Chicago to be considered, but may give you a start:

Illinois
Arabian Knights Farm in Willowbrook is a ten acre equestrian educational and training facility, and has a banquet room that can accommodate over 500 country wedding guests. Contact Michael D. Vena, 630.325.3482 or www.akfentertainment.com/akfe/wedding.htm.

The Barn of Barrington at Barrington, IL. Accommodates 20-225 guests; 30 years experience. Contact 847.381.8585 or visit www.barnofbarrington.com.

The Byron Colby Barn, a restored 1885 barn at Grayslake, Lake County that accommodates 175+. Contact Stan Rosenberg, Mgr. at 847.489.5077 or [email protected], or visit http://www.prairiecrossing.com/pc/si...nity-barn.html.

Carpenter's Country Barn of Illinois City (Quad City area). This newly renovated barn is heated, has a kitchen, bar, and restrooms. Contact 309.791.9712 or [email protected], or visit www.countrybarnparty.com for photos of the facility and previous events.

The Concorde Centre on 800 acres at Woodstock, McHenry County - dining and accommodations. Contact 815.337.3500 or [email protected], or visit www.concorde-centre.com.

The Streamwood Park District's Hoosier Grove 1888 Barn at Rolling Meadows. Accomodates 15-150 guests. Contact Carol Green, Supervisor at 630.372.7275 x 120/121 or visit http://www.streamwoodparkdistrict.or...ility_barn.htm.

Historic Walnut Grove Farm at Knox County, IL was first homesteaded in 1835 and the barn dates from 1860. The farm features a National Register restored barn. Contact Janis King at 309.289.4770, [email protected] or visit www.walnutgrovefarm.com.

Wisconsin
The Enchanted Barn features a renovated 1880s barn for a unique wedding ceremony and reception site at Rice Lake, WI. Contact Amanda Ridout at 715.254.1557 or [email protected], or visit www.theenchantedbarn.com.

Badger Farms, LLC, Deerfield, WI (near Madison) offers a newly renovated 1920's barn with a capacity of 180 for Events. Please visit www.badgerfarms.com for contact information and full details.

Aug 6th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Original Poster

TC -- thanks for all that info. I appreciate it.

Search this Thread