Bandon, OR 4th of July - Hotel question

Old Jun 20th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bandon, OR 4th of July - Hotel question

We going to be in Bandon, OR for the 4th of July and trying to decide between the Best Western Inn at Face Rock or the Bandon Harbor View Inn. Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 04:23 PM

We stayed at the Best Western. The rooms are nice enough, but it isn't anything special and there are no good ocean views.

Considering how beautiful to coast is in Bandon, it doesn't have good lodging options.

Frommer mentions Sunset Motel as a "Value" with great views but dated rooms. He says the Vern Brown addition has the more modern rooms.
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Original Poster

Happy Trails - Did you stay at the Best Western Face Rock or Coos Bay? The BW at Face Rock claims to have ocean views. The Harbor View Inn has a "front & center" view of the 4th of July fireworks according to their reservation folks. Hated to give up the ocean views but sounds like we may not be giving up anything if you stayed at the Face Rock location. Thank you!!
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 05:25 PM

Harbor View would be my choice for July 4th..
Ocean view --can't beat Sunset motel..plus there is access to the beach (lots of stairs but doable.)
The have updated lot of the rooms..
We have been staying there for the last 20 years !!!
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 06:37 PM

Luvtravl,

I stayed at Face Rock. You may be able to "see" bits of the ocean from some rooms. However, the motel is not on the ocean and the views are nothing like, say, the Halmark or Surfsand in Cannon Beach.

In any event, you can walk to the beach and enjoy the fireworks no matter where you stay. Bandon is a quiet little place with a beautiful shore line.

My choice would be Sunset. My taste in where to stay and where to eat has changed recently. I used to like places lake Stephanie Inn in Cannon Beach and those fancy meals where everything is stacked up in a tower. Now I'd rather have a quiet cabin and a nice piece of broiled fish.
Old Jun 21st, 2005, 04:26 PM
Original Poster

One more question - I'll be traveling with my mother who has some trouble walking so stairs to the beach might be difficult. Which location has fewer stairs?

Thanks again!
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 11:51 AM

As I recall, there is a short stair case at the main viewing point. From the Best Western there is a fairly long walk to the beach that goes through some very soft, deep sand. I think the stairs are easier to negotiate.