Reload this Page >

Baltimore Restaurants

Search

Baltimore Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2001, 06:43 AM
Sandy

Baltimore Restaurants

Can anyone recommend some good restaurants in Baltimore? We'll be there late June and are thinking of booking a hotel in the Fells Point area. Any recommendations for hotels/B&B's would be welcome too. We prefer charm over luxury in hotels, good food over pretensiousness in restaurants.

Thanks.

Old May 18th, 2001, 07:10 AM
Gail

Hi Sandy!
Definatly recommend The Admiral Fell Inn- Have stayed there many times and never disappointed. As for dinner, Little Italy is a fun area- Some of the restaurants will even send a car for you and bring you back- DaMimo's (not sure of speling) did for us. Also, don't miss Bertha's in Fell's Point, and The Horse You Came/Rode? In On for drinks

Old May 18th, 2001, 09:40 AM
Carol

Sandy, DaMimmo's is an excellent Italian restaurant in Baltimore's Little Italy - a little pricey - but definitely worth it. Try the veal chop - it is their claim to fame - I have traveled many places and none compares. Also, Tio Pepe's is great!!spanish fare. Book reservations way in advance for both places - they are very popular. Admiral Fell Inn is charming. Be sure to visit Harbor Place it is really fun.

Old May 18th, 2001, 09:43 AM
John

I have lived in Baltiomore my entire life and can point you in the right direction as far as dining goes. There is a great new restaurant in Fell Point called Louisiana. Entrees in the $20 - $25 range with fantastic service and amazing food. Reservations for weekends are a must. If you want a great Tex/Mex place with the most unusual atmosphere you will see anywhere try Nacho Mammas in Canton (1 mile from Fells Point) The wait is long on the weekends but have a marguerita in the bar while you're waiting and you won't be sorry. They don't take reservations, but if you want a lively atmosphere with great, inexpensive food, you won't find a better place in Baltimore. Right across the street from Nachos is Helen's Garden which is a great breakfast place with a wonderful wine bar in the evenings. Both of these last two are on O'Donnell Street in Canton. If you want a real taste of Baltimore atmosphere make sure you hit Nacho Mammas - but if you don't like a very lively atmosphere stay away.

Old May 18th, 2001, 10:32 AM
Steve

I really like Brewer's Art. It's a ways up Charles St though.

Old May 19th, 2001, 07:22 AM
Sandy

Thanks for the replies. We'll definitely try some of your recommendations.

Old May 20th, 2001, 05:26 PM
suzy

I live in Baltimore. I've heard that the Admiral Fell Inn is very charming. Our luxury hotel is the Harbor Court and
right across from Harborplace. Although it is not a small inn, it has an intimate European feel and is decorated beautifully. For food, I would do Kali's Court in Fells Point. It serves fresh seafood in a beautiful atmosphere. Berthas is very, very casual but also lots of fun. Louisiana is also a fine choice as is DaMimmos. I agree with the person who mentioned the Canton area which is 10 minutes from Fells Point. Helens Garden Cafe has acharming little wine bar and great food. Cosmopolitans serves good italian fare and Nacho Mamas is great for very casual Mexican The Canton neighborhood is our new yuppie area. Definitely ride the water taxi around the harbor--you can pick it up in Fells Point. You will have alot of fun.