Baltimore restaurant for reunion

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to Baltimore for reunion with 2 college friends and spouses. We're staying in Fells Point. Looking for restaurant that has good food, lively atmosphere (not too stodgy), would take reservations, & has outdoor eating area. I've been thinking about Bertha's Mussels. Does anyone know if they have a patio/outdoor seating and if they take reservations? What about someplace in Little Italy? I've got the name of Amicci's from searching here but don't know the above info. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, since it's a Red Sox weekend, how far in advance would I need to make a dinner reservation?
Old May 27th, 2008, 06:29 AM

Most hotels are sold out this weekend so you should look now for reservations. I am coming this weekend for the Sox games. Bertha's is on our list for Friday night. Also, looking at going to the Wharf Rat and Max's Tap Room (for drinks). Which hotel are you staying at?
Old May 27th, 2008, 06:49 AM
Original Poster

The Inn at Henderson's Wharf.
I saw your earlier posts and thought we'd be there at the same time. Our Sox tix are for Friday night and we're meeting friends Saturday for dinner. If I can't find out more here, I'll give a couple of restaurants calls later today. I hate waiting a long time at restaurants and would only go someplace we could get a res.
Old May 27th, 2008, 08:32 AM

I know several good restaurants, but I'm afraid I'm not that familiar with places with outdoor seating.

I really like Pazo - not exactly Fell's Point, but very close, near Little Italy actually. It meets your "lively atmosphere" requirement.

http://www.pazorestaurant.com/

Amicci's is a small place, very casual, good food. I don't know if I would call it lively. I guess that depends on how loud you guys get!

Woodberry Kitchen is one of the hottest restaurants lately. They have a great outside firepit for drinks before dinner. It's a little farther drive.

http://www.woodberrykitchen.com/

Baltimore Magazine has a pretty good list of the best restaurants in town. I've been to most of them and they are pretty accurate reviews. Watch the location though, some of them are out of the city.

http://tinyurl.com/4gtvrd

Old May 27th, 2008, 08:35 AM

Kali's Court has a nice outdoor patio area. It has great food, although a bit pricey. It also has a sister restaurant next door to it, which is more a tapas place, I believe.

Old May 27th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. We're actually geezers and not very loud (except for the spontaneous hip fractures) butI think Kali's Court has a dress code and one of our guys won't wear that kind of body armor. I'll check out the Pazo website. Woodbury Kitchen firepit sounds like fun but we won't have a car. I'll also check out the Baltimore mag site, but was looking for personal recommendations from fellow Fodorites.
Thanks again.
gail w
Old May 27th, 2008, 08:59 AM

Tabrizis in the Harborview complex around the harbor from Fells Point is a great spot inside and out. We love the terrace which overlooks the marina and has a feel of So.Cal. Food is geared toward mediterranean also, American and lighter fare. Not alot of tourists, friendly staff and casual, but alittle more upscale.
Old May 27th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

I made a res at Pazo for Saturday night, thanks a lot for input.
I checked out the Baltimore mag list and SO and I might go to Tabrizzi's one night by ourselves; the menu looks interesting and the location seems wonderful.
Old May 27th, 2008, 09:41 AM

And you got the best pitching matchup for the series - Josh Beckett vs Daniel Cabrera.
Old May 27th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Original Poster

Tchoiniere: What do you know about changing seats at this ballpark? I got the best tickets I could get at the time off the Orioles website, but if we saw empty seats and wanted to move down or to a better location, is that done?
Old May 27th, 2008, 09:52 AM

I have done it there but noticed that ushers are reluctant to allow it. All 3 games are now sold out so options may be limited. best option may be to wait until around the 5th inning and move around.
Old May 27th, 2008, 10:00 AM

I would also add that being a Red Sox fan might not go over so well with our fans who paid more$$for their seats, thus ushers may get on you (politely)and have you go back. (especially if we are not doing well). You will notice that some of you fans are not endearing to us (Alcohol has alot to do with it!!)...reputation is getting up there with Yankee fans!
Old May 27th, 2008, 02:28 PM

Polaris, that is not the way to endear Oriole fans to Sox fans. Please don't ever compare us to Yankee fans again!!!!

That being said, I have mixed feelings about the current state of the Orioles. As a baseball fan, it sickens me to see how 1 of the more historic teams has fallen. But as a Sox fan, its nice to have teams in our own division that we can easily beat (based on the past couple of years). I enjoy Camden Yards and Baltimore is a good Sports City so I am looking forward to this weekend.
Old May 27th, 2008, 02:51 PM

hey tc, it is our ballpark...the idea is to endear the Sox to us! Also, the Sox -Yankee comparison is pretty universal here, not just my idle thought! This is NOT aimed at you personally
Old May 27th, 2008, 03:36 PM

I agree with Polaris. THIS IS OUR HOUSE! Sox and Yankees are coming to Baltimore, so the obligation is on them to deal with OUR fans, not the other way around. After all, we've gotta deal with yours when we visit your parks, and you are well worse than we are.
Old May 27th, 2008, 06:20 PM

polaris & fairfax, you mean you are not honored to receive inebriated bores from the northeast who loudly inform us of their superiority?