Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Baltimore Marriot Waterfront/Little Italy/Oldtown nearby breakfast joints (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/baltimore-marriot-waterfront-little-italy-oldtown-nearby-breakfast-joints-821875/)

jenstu13 Jan 15th, 2010 11:02 AM

Baltimore Marriot Waterfront/Little Italy/Oldtown nearby breakfast joints

My co-workers and I will be staying at the Baltimore Marriot Waterfront the week of Feb. 15. We would appreciate it if anyone knows of a breakfast place within walking distance of this hotel. I found one (Miss Shirley's) but that can't be the only place to get breakfast in the Little Italy/Oldtown area. Any lunch or dinner suggestions would be nice also :)

EmilyC Jan 16th, 2010 08:03 AM

The Blue Moon Cafe was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Please post how it was if you go there...I haven't had a chance to go

mberry Jan 17th, 2010 07:18 PM

I was going to suggest the Blue Moon, but wasn't sure whether that would be walking distance. If you go, order the Cap'n Crunch french toast (they smash up a bag of cereal, dip the battered bread...). After that, the walk won't be long enough!

jenstu13 Jan 19th, 2010 12:21 PM

Thanks so much!!

mberry Jan 22nd, 2010 06:55 PM

If you want to eat dinner in Little Italy, try Sabatino's for dinner and Vaccaros for desert. (You won't really have room for desert, but you could get a nice coffee and some cookies to go.)

ncounty Jan 23rd, 2010 05:43 AM

I stayed at that hotel last spring and took a lovely long walk to Fells Point. There are many places to eat there and I remember one gorgeous breakfast place but I don't remember the name.

Daniel_Williams Jan 23rd, 2010 06:16 AM

The Federal Hill area is not too far a walk and has some terrific options too (as you're walking toward the hill visible from the Inner Harbor, it's toward the right a bit). There was a place I liked on S. Charles Street when I lived in Balitmore, and I looked on Google Maps... and think it MAY HAVE BEEN Cafe Manet... very informal-type of place, but that's Baltimore for you. Federal Hill might be fun for lunch too, as Cross Street Market has some seafood options.

I was in Baltimore this past December and enjoyed the Maryland crab soup at Faidley's in the Lexington Market also, which is not too far a walk, and a uniquely Baltimore experience!

jenstu13 Jan 26th, 2010 10:07 AM

Thanks for all your suggestions :-)

elburr Jan 26th, 2010 12:40 PM

It's been several years since we stayed at the same hotel but we enjoyed walking a couple of blocks to the Whole Foods grocery store for breakfast or a quick lunch. They have several tables both indoors and out.

Around the corner from the hotel is the James Joyce Pub which offers a nich lunch.

I second Vaccaros for dessert but plan to share since the gelato sundaes are huge.

309pbg Jan 26th, 2010 04:00 PM

One of our fav restaurants is Cinghiale, an easy walk from your hotel.
www.cinghiale-osteria.com
The "osteria" side is a bit fancier than the "enoteca" side which is a little more laid back.

We also really enjoy Roy's, which is part of a chain, but the food is amazing. Try the miso butterfish, it's outstanding. Fun, party atmosphere with a great cocktail menu.
www.roysrestaurant.com
It's just around the corner from your hotel.