Reload this Page >

Party of 11 wandering upper east side?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 06:43 PM
Val

Message: Help! I've got a Tea party at the Palm Court for my Mom with 11 relatives including 2 kids. We'd all like to hang out together after tea but have no idea where to go. Tea starts at 4pm, so we're talking about a Tuesday evening in Sept. from 5:30 ish till 8:30 or so. (We're thinking of going to Serendipity III at around 8pm. Several of this group do not have deep pocketbooks and the Palm Court will have already extracted the proverbial "pound of flesh". I thought the Roosevelt Island Tram Ride might be good, but that won't take so long. Suggestions anyone?

Thanks a bunch.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 06:44 PM
val

Sorry to post on the wrong board. Re posted to NY!

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 06:47 PM
Lou

As you see, they appear in the same place anyway. (the location selection is only used for sorting threads during a search)

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 04:32 AM
s

Consider a ride on the Staten Island ferry. At 5:30 hop on the subway (#4 or #5 to Bowling Green Station). YOu will be at the ferry by 6 pm. Do the ferry ride round trip, it takes about an hour (ferry is free). You should be back by 7:30. Subway back to Serendipity can be done by 8:00. On the ferry you sail by the Statue of Liberty and get a great view of the skyline. Total cost $33 - $3 subway fare for each person.

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 05:28 AM
Howard

The Staten Island Ferry is an excellent suggestion. It's certainly an A-list activity for NYC visitors, and the price is right!
(PS: Your heading for this posting isn't quite accurate. The Palm Court in the Plaza Hotel at 59th and 5th really isn't on the Upper East Side.)

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 06:58 AM
NY

If the weather is nice, hang out in Central Park. There are plenty of nice places to sit down and hang out. And of course it is free.

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 07:03 AM
Philip

I wouldn't go on the Staten Island Ferry at 6 pm. You will be headed downtown at rush hour which is miserable and the ferry will be loaded with commuters returning home to Staten Island.

I would take a stroll through Central Park or sit on the benches by the Pond or maybe even walk up to the Mall and sit around.