Bally's or Flamingo - Las Vegas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which would you pick and why? We just want a lower priced hotel on the strip. I do want a nice pool, and know that Flamingo's is one of the nicest. Really only interested in being able to get a chair at the pool.

Your thoughts?
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 07:37 AM

I don't know anything about the pool, but we like the rooms at Bally's...and the atmosphere of the place. They usually have a deal which includes a book of coupons that include deals like a free bottle of wine at their Italian restaurant, which serves pretty good food and an experienced wait staff.
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 07:59 AM

The Flamingo has the best pool by far. Now that we have stayed at the Flamingo, we would never go anywher else.
The kids pool is also fantastic.
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

Oh, reminds me.. which would have less kids? ;-)
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 08:16 AM

Bally's has less kid because there is no theme. Also the pool has a deep end! The only one on the strip, you can dive in! BUT, the pool looks like it was set in the middle of a parking lot. It's not very lush or decorated with anything. I like Bally's best because it is connected to the Paris and has the walkway to Bellagio.
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 09:12 AM
lvk

Even when the rest of Vegas was putting in kid-friendly attractions, Bally's billed themselves as adult-oriented. Their pool is nothing special, but there will be fewer kids in the pool and throughout the hotel.

Flamingo now has the penguin and flamingo park area and a kid-friendly pool, so will tend to attract more kids. I think you can see pictures of both pools and virtual tours on their websites.
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 12:36 PM
ltt

bally's may be the same but when i was at the flamingo in march - even though we couldn't swim as pool wasn't open, the lounging area was PACKED. couldn't find two chairs together and they were literally right next to each other. you had to get on via the end cause there wasn't enough room to walk in between. it was not pleasant but as i say, all hotel pools may be packed like this. it was about 1:00 p.m. when i went down.
Old Jun 15th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Jayne1973

I really enjoyed staying at the Flamingo, but if you are interested in getting a chair at the pool... it could be dicey. I couldn't believe how crowded it was.