Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

My parent are in West Palm Beach and Oyster Bay . Do you have any suggestions on what they can do there?

Search

My parent are in West Palm Beach and Oyster Bay . Do you have any suggestions on what they can do there?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25th, 2000, 10:06 AM
Nina

My parents are in their 70's and driving. They will be vacationing in early January. Any great places to see and reasonably priced good restaunts to eat at?

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 10:23 AM
Miriam

They must go to Palm Beach..the island..lovely homes...nice restaurants..great newsstand..nice stores, for window shopping. nice ambience..go over any of three bridges. It's gorgeous. Ocean is right there. good luck. Happy 2001

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 12:15 PM
AC

Hi Nina:
I like The Irish Times Pub & Brewery at 9920 A1A 561-624-1504. Good food and cold beer!

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 05:27 PM
Natalie

Did they reopen Irish Times? As far as I know they closed yrs ago. I suggest Nick's Tomato Pie in Jupiter, or if they want to head a little further south they should check out some restaurants in Boca.

Old Jan 4th, 2001, 02:25 PM
Jim

West Palm is a great area. I have a brother that lives down there. Definitely take the ride to Palm Beach Island and see all the homes. Donald Trump's Mar a Lago club will blow you away. It used to be his residence.... now it is a members only club. See the Breakers Resort. Most of it is open to the public. Go in for lunch at the lounge and get a table right at the window (check out the bar.... it doubles as an aquarium). Go to Rooney's Irish Bar on Clamattis Street. Go to Clamattis Street downtown Thursday night. They shut the street down and play live entertainment every Thursday night. Eat at Spotto's Oyster Bar and Big City.... Very good.... Go to CityPoint... this is a huge outdoor shopping mall-type area. It is huge, has many shops and great restaurants and a new huge movie theatre. They run a free trolley from CityPoint to Clammatis Street. Great fun.... cool town!!!

Jim

Old Jan 6th, 2001, 09:56 AM
Peggy

Correction on that..It is called CITY PLACE...looks like N.O. Bourbon Street. Beautiful and spanking brand new. Some places have yet to open...enjoy!