Notices

Back to the Lovely City!!

May 23rd, 2013, 12:10 PM
Original Poster

Back to the Lovely City!!

Thanks for all the help a few years ago, I have been back to NYC and had a wonderful time thanks to all my dear friends advise that posted. This trip my husband I are cruising the NCL Breakaway and 5 night at Grand Central Hyatt. We would like to take a train to a lovely area to sight see for a day and return to hotel in city to sleep. We also are planning to do things with a local flair, such as the Union Square Market, Bryant park Monday movie night, a day at the met and Guggenheim , and ???? We plan on a meal on 9th ave between 40th and 55th., we ate per recommended by a local last time and found wonderful food . We need help with local eats ( anywhere) (we will be subwaying) and day tours to other cities and exhibits or concerts or special events for the week of June 16-21. Thanks again!! Gina
May 23rd, 2013, 12:20 PM

You could catch a train up to Greenwich or Westport,CT out of Grand Central or using Penn Station, travel west to Summit,NJ. These are nice suburbs however I wouldn't ever give up a day in the city to do a metropolitan area day trip.
You have five nights which equals four days. Lots more to see and do in NYC.
May 23rd, 2013, 07:54 PM

There are places out on Ling Island that might be nice, but I'd think a day in the Hudson Valley would be very nice.
May 23rd, 2013, 08:35 PM

Try Cold Spring on Metro North which leaves from Grand Central. Quaint town on the Hudson.

The permanent collection at the Guggenheim is not well regarded. There are many superior museums including the Morgan and the Frick. And if you like Asian art, particularly Tibetian, who might like the Rubin.

http://www.rmanyc.org/

Search this Thread