Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Back to school tomorrow. (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/back-to-school-tomorrow-348923/)

ARKANSASNURSE Aug 17th, 2003 07:03 PM

Back to school tomorrow.

The long summer has ended...parents rejoice, kids wanna know how long til Christmas break.

Barbara Aug 17th, 2003 07:13 PM

Well, our schools don't go back until the 25th, but football double days begin tomorow.

IamForReal Aug 17th, 2003 07:18 PM

well..i'm new to this site..but anyway...i'm 21 and so is my friend..we're lookin to travel this country...hopefully end up in Cali somewhere...we want to relocate...any advice and ideas how to get started??

jersey Aug 18th, 2003 03:12 AM

In New Jersey, most kids go back to school the Wednesday after Labor Day. So they still have about two weeks reprieve. But I'm off to take the college kids back today and tomorrow. One goes to RI and the others to Central PA. With three kids in college my traveling this year will be going to and from the schools. Sigh. Oh well, this too shall pass. Then we'll be traveling (I hope) with much broader horizons in mind.

beachdreams Aug 18th, 2003 04:15 AM

In Atlanta the students started back school on teh 11th. My husband went back for teacher inservice days on the 4th. Sigh!

GoTravel Aug 18th, 2003 09:45 AM

One of the county school systems here started LAST Monday.

Randa Aug 18th, 2003 10:01 AM

Our schools here in SC started back August 7!!

DixieChick Aug 18th, 2003 10:19 AM

Ours started August 6th but the one week Fall Break is really nice come October.

Binthair Aug 18th, 2003 06:30 PM

What is with these schools starting so early? The week after Labor Day is the earliest I want my summer to end...

ARKANSASNURSE Aug 22nd, 2003 02:24 PM

We start back to school early, Binthair, but we are on summer vacation in mid-May, we were in NY one year and even though our school year had been history for 3 weeks the local kids had a week to go still. We get a fall break also, it always manages to coincide with the first day of deer season, hum.

simpsonc510 Aug 22nd, 2003 02:35 PM

My Small town in west central Illinois is going to start back on the 27th Aug. We (the teachers) go to work on the 26th, however ELEMENTARY teachers have been back, working in their rooms, for probably at least a week, some two weeks by this time (you lucky high school/ jr high people you).

I wish we would start back after Labor Day as our schools aren't air conditioned. It gets really HOT those first few days! Oh well, I'll retire in June and then it won't matter anyway!

crazieladybug Aug 22nd, 2003 06:54 PM

Schools here in Ohio start Monday :( (I am also a teacher)

Catherine Aug 22nd, 2003 07:01 PM

We delivered our children to college campuses last weekend. (Notice, please, the plural "childen.") Hopefully, we have one graduate in May of 2004, so one will be off the payroll. (I can dream, can't I?).