Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Back last night from our first trip to New England. A special thanks to Donna for all your help!

Back last night from our first trip to New England. A special thanks to Donna for all your help!

Oct 16th, 2000, 06:41 PM
Toni

Back last night from our first trip to New England. A special thanks to Donna for all your help!

Wanted to post a special thanks to all you nice folks out there who helped me plan this wonderful trip, esecially Donna. I could'nt have done it without you!
We loved all the places that we stayed but some of the highlights were: The Morning Glory Inn. Bob, the innkeeper was so very nice and his inn is charming. The location is great. Right across the street from the House of the 7 Gables.
We loved the Captian Lord Mansion in Kennebunkport. Wonderful atmosphere in huge old place. TSaw George Bush Senior at his compound down the road.

Oct 16th, 2000, 07:20 PM
toni

Hi again, I was disconnected!!
Stayed in Kennebunkport, loved the Captain Lord Mansion. Bush senior was at his compound down the road waving at the folks!
Rabbithill Inn in LowerWaterford Vermont was very nice. The leaves were just starting to peak which was fabulous.
Loved Woodstock Vermont. The Billing Farm Museum was really fun. An old working dairy farm from the mid 1800’s with great displays of antique farm equipment etc.
The Red Lion Inn in Stock MA was so grand and comfortable. Don’t miss the Shaker Museum just out of Stockbridge in Pittsfield. This was one of the highlights of the trip.
Stayed at the Francis Malbone in Newport Rhode Island and saw 3 of “cottages” The Breakers is 138,000 square feet!! Loved the Ocean Drive and Cliff walk. Again these were highlights.
From Newport we went to Boston. What a great city. Very clean, safe and the people were so friendly. We loved the Museum of Fine Art, “The Blue Man Group” at the Charles Playhouse and just walking around seeing the sights. So much history and a beautiful city.
If I can answer any questions, fire away and thanks again to all you really wonderful folks who helped to make this trip so perfect!

Oct 17th, 2000, 07:25 AM
Leta

Your trip sounds exactly like what I want to plan for next fall when my son goes off to college. When you get a chance, could you send me you itinerary with names and numbers for reservations. You can send to me directly at my email ([email protected]) or if you email me I'll give you my address. I very, very much appreciate having your first-hand experience. Thanks, Leta

Oct 17th, 2000, 07:40 AM
charles

Thank you very much for your report - it was good to hear it.

Search this Thread