B & B's in Savannah

Jan 19th, 2002, 03:32 AM
Julia Morosi

B & B's in Savannah

We are a party of 2 adults and 3 kids (5,6 8) visiting Savannah from England in August. Can you recommend a B&B in the historic district that could accommodate all of us together. I have chosen B&B because of their charm but am totally confused as to which to choose. Also we would like to have a beach holiday and need advice about whether to choose Georgia or South Carolina Coast. Thanks for your help.

Jan 19th, 2002, 05:23 AM
Pierre

There are several B&B's that I like however, most of them are very good. I personally stayed in 2 and loved them, East Bay Inn and Planters Inn, both great area, good breakfast with wine and cheese in the afternoon. Probably the best is Foley House, but it was a little to expensive for us, around $300/night. Also Marshall house has very good reviews. Feel free to Email me if you have any specific question.

Jan 24th, 2002, 09:09 AM
Ginger

Since you are traveling with children, the Planters Inn might be a good choice. It is nice, but not so many antiques that you would have to worry about watching their every move.
If you want a nice place that is a resort, try the Savannah Harbor. They have the best view of the river and city and have a boat to shuttle you across to the main historic areas.

Don't miss the Crab Shack (restaurant) located on your way to Tybee. Ask a local for directions.

Jan 28th, 2002, 07:57 PM
amanda

B&B- The President's Quarters has several rooms with two double beds and also one room, The George Washington Room, with a king bed in a loft and a sofa bed on the lower level...This would give you and hubby privacy at night. A cot could be brought in perhaos as well. http://www.presidentsquarters.com/

You can visit the beach just 20 minutes from Savannah at Tybee Island. Alternatively Georgia has other wonderful costs such as http://www.gacoast.com/
St. Simons Island

It will be very hot in Savannah in August so keep this in mind. A thought, a nice but not as charming type bed and breakfast is the Mulberry Inn in savannah, it has a pool which may be needed for the children to cool off in the afternoon... it pales in comparison to the charm of the President's quarters though... and afternoon tea and the President's quarters may be cooling off enough.

Search this Thread