B&B's in Charleston

Jan 12th, 2002, 09:33 AM
chris

B&B's in Charleston

Hi,

We are going to Charleston, SC early April and want to stay in a B&B in the Historic District or near to it. We would like to find something around $150 a night. Is there anything around this price range? If not, please give me an idea of what I might have to spend to stay in this area.

Jan 14th, 2002, 02:13 AM

To the top!

Jan 14th, 2002, 03:14 AM
Carol

Hi Chris,

Check out the following site for Charleston B&Bs:

http://www.bbonline.com/sc/charleston.html

As your visit gets closer, you might want to print out:

www.charleston.net
and then click on Tips for Tourists. This lists all of the activities, tours, plantations, etc. going on in town. charleston.net is the site of our local paper, The Post & Courier.

Enjoy!

Jan 14th, 2002, 04:04 AM
arjay

Chris - Hopefully someone here can weigh in with personal experience, but when we were there, I stopped in and picked up a brochure from The Battery Carriage House Inn, and thought - this is where we're staying *next* time! It's a B&B set on the garden level of an historic home (Stevens-Lathers house), right on the Battery. I would bet they have a website. 800 phone is 775-5575. The Elliott House Inn, on Queen St., also looked pretty nice...

We enjoyed the tour at the Exchange Building, even though it's not the sort of thing we usually do. Stickyfingers (bar b q restaurant) is part of a chain, but very good. And tons of other restaurants have been recommended here in previous posts. Good luck!

Search this Thread