B&B stays in Flagstaff or Sedona, AZ

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 10:00 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our trip in early June includes Husband & Wife w/Adult daughter. Have been looking for a B&B with a suite, i.e, 2 sep. bedrooms (2bathrms but not a deal breaker). If anyone has had a similiar trip & can recommend an accommodation that wld fit; really a help in our planning. Also if staying in Sedona & planning trip to South Rim of Grnd. Canyon how long of a drive, an hr., or more. Many thanks. Family Tap
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 10:56 AM

Stayed all over Sedona in hotels from the BW of Sedona which is lovely and reasonable with stunning red rock views to Sedona Rouge hotel which is very Kimpton hotelish.
Enchantment Resort is stunning but pricey and they have great suites.
La Quinta Inn is a newer hotel and under $100.
Garland's Oak Creek Lodge have heard nothing but rave reviews...restaurant is great too.
We were just there in March and stayed at the Radisson which was ok..we had a large room/suite on the golf course.
South Rim from Sedona is approximately 2+ hours.

www.garlandslodge.com
Old Apr 25th, 2009, 08:29 AM

From Sedona to the South Rim is 130 miles -- more like three hours via Flagstaff.

For lodging, check the Sedona web site. Check the Sky Ranch Lodge, up on a mesa 500 ft. above Sedona, no trucks, no conventions, reasonably priced.
Old Apr 25th, 2009, 10:09 AM

Well, the quickest way from Sedona to the south rim is around 115 miles and about 2 hours, 20 minutes. That is Oak Creek Canyon to I-17 to I-40west to north 64/180.

Same distance, but a bit longer drive (about 2 3/4 hours), and more scenic, would be Oak Creek Canyon to I-17 right into Flagstaff, then 180 to the south rim.

My preference is to go in through the east entrance so I can stop at Desert view for my first canyon view. That would be about 3 hours -- Oak Creek Canyon to I-17 to I-40 east to 89 north, then 64 into the park. The advantage of doing this is that you can stop at all the viewpoints east of GC Village, then park and take the shuttle to the viewpoints west of the Village. If you are heading back to Sedona after the GC, it allows you to make a loop with a shorter drive back after a long day.

I also would put in a vote for Sky Ranch Lodge. We have stayed there twice and would definitely stay again.

www.travelerstogo.com
Old Apr 25th, 2009, 10:10 AM

Garlands is gorgeous, lovely rustic.

Also, we really liked Inn on Oak Creek in Sedona. It's a B&B with surprisingly quiet and private rooms. They have at least 1 setup of a 2-bedroom suite with a lovely balcony and view out the back over the creek. Fantastic breakfasts and A-1 service.
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 06:14 PM

Exceed the speed limit while driving on the Navajo Reservation and you are asking for trouble -- big time. Their police are very strict.