B&B in Volcano Village, Big Island

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19th, 2003, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need to book one night for myself and 2 kids in Volcano Village. I know from reading previous posts here that I definitely do NOT want Volcano House.
There seems to be a large number of B&B and lodge type accommodations, many of them similar, in the Village.
Any recommendations on one you particularly liked? (Or conversely, any I should steer clear of?)
Old May 19th, 2003, 09:34 AM

You can find a lot of posts here on this subject by doing a text search. The only place I've stayed at is Kilauea Lodge, which I definitely recommend. It has beautiful rooms and grounds and an excellent restaurant.
Old May 25th, 2003, 10:25 AM

Carson's Volcano Cottage has some nice cottages and rooms that you can stay at. They have a few on site and some within a few blocks of the main house. The cottages a few blocks away are large and quite nice. Some have Jacuzzi's. They make one of the best B & B Breakfasts I have ever had.
Old May 25th, 2003, 10:55 AM
kmg

I just returned from a 2nd stay at Carsons Cottage. New owners had taken over in January. We stayed in Lehua 1 cottage. The cottage itself was ok. The towels were definitely an improvement over the rags they gave us to use last time. We asked for a dehumidifier which definitely helped in the comfort level of staying there. Its very wet there and we would have been miserable without it.

The breakfast served has definitely gown downhill since we were there last. They serve some kind of orange drink (Tang?) instead of real orange juice. The breakfast was not ready on time the mornings the owners were not there and the quality of the food was lacking. It was also served too cold.

I would try Kilauea Lodge next time.
Old May 25th, 2003, 02:52 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the info on Carson's. That's one we were considering and will now take off the list.
Sounds like Kilauea Lodge is top choice now.